Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HankB View Post
    Is there a way to search for a word or phrase on a web page?

thanks,
    hank
    If you use Advanced Browser you will have that option.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Hi,
    i just got my TouchPad and i am really satisfied, but there is one problem. I use two websites heavy which require a "right mouse click" to show a context menu.
    Do anybody knows how to get that context menu on the TouchPad?
    Thanks,
    Thomas
    how do I open multiple browser cards/tabs at once like on a desktop browser? Like press one icon that opens facebook, email, Twitter, and my blog simultaneously. I'm sure the answer is "you cant."
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistersai4d View Post
    how do I open multiple browser cards/tabs at once like on a desktop browser? Like press one icon that opens facebook, email, Twitter, and my blog simultaneously. I'm sure the answer is "you cant."
    Offline Browser (preware) can do this, however it is sorely missing a "Refresh All" button.

also, what desktop browser do you use that has that function? i only know of being able to do that in Opera, but it's a weird trick.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Firefox and chrome... When you close them they remember your tabs rather.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistersai4d View Post
    You can achieve this with Mode Switcher (available in Preware) by having a mode that launches multiple instances of the browser, each with a specified URL. You can also use Multiple Application Launcher from the app catalog, though I'm not sure if it's TouchPad-compatible or not.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Those looking to print to any printer on your network should check out this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3155288.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    whitty likes this.
    My touchpad seems a little laggy, when I scroll up/down pages in the browser. I've done most of the essental patches in that popular touchpad thread, and overclocked to 1.5.

Any ideas? Or is this a normal thing?
    How do I...

--unpair a device?

I was messing around and paired my TouchPad to my MacMini O.o
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    whitty likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTouchpad View Post
    How do I...

--unpair a device?

I was messing around and paired my TouchPad to my MacMini O.o
    On the system menu (swipe down from top right), tap Bluetooth and then tap on the ticked item.
    hmmm...

I swipe down, tap Bluetooth and a list of two items pops up:

- Stan's Mac mini
    - HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard

I click on either item and it turns it grey; however I was really looking for a way to remove it from the list (I should have been more specific I guess...my apologies).
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    You can achieve this with Mode Switcher (available in Preware) by having a mode that launches multiple instances of the browser, each with a specified URL. You can also use Multiple Application Launcher from the app catalog, though I'm not sure if it's TouchPad-compatible or not.
    hmmmm don't see it in preware?
    Just tried to turn on my touch pad for the first time after set up and my screen is just a large USB icon and I cant seem to do anything. SO frustrated please help me
    Quote Originally Posted by helipop View Post
    Just tried to turn on my touch pad for the first time after set up and my screen is just a large USB icon and I cant seem to do anything. SO frustrated please help me
    It sounds like your volume up button is stuck. See http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...p-support.html for a possible solution. Good luck, and let us know if it works.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    How do I stream videos or photos from my TouchPad to my Samsung DLNA TV?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Some app names are not good or truncated. Say you want to rename the N64 emulator app from 'mupen64plus' to 'N64 Games'. Well now you can.
    From hunting around in internalz I discovered how...
    Go to: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    In this folder you will see all your installed apps listed by folder. Click on the folder of the app you want to rename. In the folder you will see the file called appinfo.json. Tap on it and tap on open in the pop up menu. Find the line eg: "title": "mupen64plus", and change it to what you want eg: "title": "N64 Games",
    Save the file and then close and reboot to see changes. Luna restart is enough.
    IMPORT 'CONTACTS' TO TouchPad?

How do I import my (long) list of Email contacts and Addresses ('wab' or 'ldif') into TouchPad 'Contacts'?

I have them saved as a 'txt' file in Quickoffice on TP at the moment.. surely I do not have to Copy/Paste or hand-type each one individually?

Thanks..

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/25/2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Ok Im new so beat me up all you want if the info Im asking for is already posted. I know how to transfer files but what folder or where on the touchpad do i transfer my pic files to from my computer so ther show up in the default pic app on the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    how do I disable 'tap to add x as search'?

specifically when my tp goes to sleep and locks itself.

seems like a lot of websites I visit result in this annoying box pop up, next to the screen lock, asking me to add their search engine or something
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast