1.    #1  
    I am using a deactivated Sprint comm board in a Pre+ that WAS activated before. Will it be possible to activate a deactivated (clean ESN) Sprint comm board AFTER it has been installed in the Pre+ or does it need to be activated PRIOR to installation as is the case with a Sprint Frankenpre2? (This is using the tokens generated from the deactivated Sprint comm board in the castle.xml file of a 2.1 meta-doctor build)
  2.    #2  
    I am unable to find an answer to this from searching so it looks like I'll find out the old fashioned way and post here. Wish me luck!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    You have to have an activated comm board prior to before you start.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    You have to have an activated comm board prior to before you start.
    Untrue.

You can install a deactivated board, but you must program it. I've done it twice with two Bell conversions. You need the MSL of the boards.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    This is a questions related to swapping coms boards.

I had two VZW phones, one in good condition with a bad ESN, one in bad condition with a good ESN.

No plans for them, so for fun I meta-doctored them both to webOS 2, wifi only.

Then I realized I wanted a phone on vzw, and so I moved the good ESN coms board to the other vzw phone - the one in good physical condition.

Then I ran a standard vzw doctor.

But I never did anything with tokens.

I needed to move the tokens with the coms board, didn't I?

And the tokens are lost forever now?

Thanks for whatever help you can provide...