1.    #1  
    So my Pre+ decided it wanted to come swimming with me (that's the only explanation I have for why it didn't jump out of my pocket when I jumped in the pool) and despite pulling the battery then drying it in rice, it's a goner. No cell connection, touchscreen doesn't work, and it only powers on when plugged in to USB.

I've gotten a new Pre 2 so I'm not completely heartbroken over it, but there's still some data I'd like off the media/internal partition on the old phone. Problem is, I can't put it in USB mode. The phone is running WebOS 2.1 and Uberkernel. Opt+Sym+U doesn't do the trick; it just starts the "Just Type" search with a ")". It's not in developer mode so I can't get the files that way either. I can open the "DeveloperMode" app but can't flip the switch. It's all very frustrating.

I know it's got a USB connection established between my computer and the phone because I can see it in the dmesg log, but unless there's some other way to get it to allow the drive to be mounted I'm stuck. Any ideas? I can boot the phone into recovery mode, but from there is there any way to boot Linux without starting Luna? Could I get the data by pulling from the addresses on the drive somehow? I'm grasping at straws, I know, but it seems like I'm so close to getting it connected.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions!
    Nick
    Try dissassembling the phone and removing the usb drive.. And reimplanting it in a not liquid damage phone... Check the link to video in my sig

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Well, the "reimplanting it in a not liquid damage phone" might be the hard part, unless I can convince my wife to let me take her phone apart. But it's the best suggestion I've found! Thanks!
    Nick
    You can use MetaDoctor to memboot it and then copy off the files.

There's a wiki page showing how to do it.

-- Rod
  5.    #5  
    That's exactly the information I needed and was hoping to find. Thank you!!
    Nick