1.    #1  
    I have sorted thru some threads and tried a download link that wasn't active but seriously I need help. I almost cannot hear my phone ring with it right beside me in the car or in my purse. I can hear it if the house or car is dead silent. Yes all the volumes are all the way up. I have tried every ringtone.I have wedOS v1.4.5 Pre Version P100Eww Its been this way for a minute and I was going to upgrade but decided not to at this time....Someone PLEASE help me make this silly phone ring so I can hear it!!!
    is it stuck in headset mode?

and is the volume indicator all the way up?

is the ringer switch off?

a few details will help us help you.
    My wife had this issue and I found (somewhere online) a download that replaces all of the stock ringtones with LOUDER versions.

Google it and you will find it. It is very simple to replace the old with the LOUD. It really helped her a lot.

Here is a link to PreCentral version (not the one I used, BTW)

http://www.precentral.net/louder-palm-pre-ringtones

Here is another source:

http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/3857/...es/0-1-1-loud/
    Last edited by rlee2001; 06/02/2011 at 10:09 AM.
    I had the same problem until I replaced ringtones with rock songs. Now I hear it every time. Let me suggest Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief
  5.    #5  
    Not stuck in handset mode. Ringer vol up. Not turned to 'no ring' on top
    Its always did this.

I will try those links!

THANKS
  6.    #6  
    The file from Pre Central is a text file. Do you still load it into the ringtone folder?
    Its louder but still not very loud.
    Can you hear any sound out of your phone? Music, Video, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1seer7 View Post
    The file from Pre Central is a text file. Do you still load it into the ringtone folder?
    Its louder but still not very loud.

I did not use that one. Try the other
  9.    #9  
    Yes. I can get all the sounds....They are just so dag gone low you cannot hardly hear them. Even the louder Pre is better but still not loud. I need something to make my speaker ...louder!!! Lots Louder. grin
  10.    #10  
    I got one off that link you sent rlee that is louder than any of the others. But in a environment like store, I bet I couldn't hear that.
    Hi 1seer7,

You tried turning on the Vibrate feature,located in Sounds and Ringtones - Rings and Alerts?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1seer7 View Post
    I got one off that link you sent rlee that is louder than any of the others. But in a environment like store, I bet I couldn't hear that.
    For car or home, you can get a bluetooth car adapter kit. It is about the size of a garage door opener and even clips to your visor like one.

It has a LOUD speaker and can even use your car speakers for phone calls. You can answer hands fee (so phone can stay in your purse). At home, just unclip and carry in and set it beside your phone ( on charger?).

It is not an elegant solution....but, it WILL work for those places.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Hi 1seer7,

You tried turning on the Vibrate feature,located in Sounds and Ringtones - Rings and Alerts?

Yes, vibrate is on...
    I have been back and forth...in an out with this silly speaker issue.
    I have tried everything. I did find that one ringtone from link rlee sent that
    is the loudest I have found so far.

There must be some way to go into one of the bottom files and change something to make the dag gone thing louder.
    I think i've got the same issue, although I can't hear a thing at all and there's no longer any vibrate.

I had some issues with an upgrade to Uber-Kernel-178, my Pre- started to lose track of time whenever the screen was off (so during the night on my Touchstone & when in use it was fine). Yesterday I did some juggling to put it back to UK-158 hoping that would solve the time issues. It has up to a point, now the time loss only turns up in the evening! But since then, it won't ring or vibrate with a call. It'll vibrate with a missed call afterward though!

I'm trying not to go so far, but I think i'm going to have to Doctor my Pre- to resolve it..
    Okay, a visit to the Doctor sorted it all out. Granted i've now got to put a lot of things back, but I did a rsync backup before I started.

Worth a try if you've got the time to do it. I did it over the weekend to make sure I had plenty of time.
    in my case no ringtones & doctor didn't fix... Any ideas ...it's not the speaker cuz kalem plays fine... I NEVER use headphones... Ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Novaldex View Post
    Okay, a visit to the Doctor sorted it all out. Granted i've now got to put a lot of things back, but I did a rsync backup before I started.

Worth a try if you've got the time to do it. I did it over the weekend to make sure I had plenty of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    in my case no ringtones & doctor didn't fix... Any ideas ...it's not the speaker cuz kalem plays fine... I NEVER use headphones... Ideas??
    Install the "Cheddah/SwissMiss" compilation patch from Preware (it should still be there). If you don't see it, send a PM to chalx.
    DocLee also maintained it (unofficially), so he's someone to ask as well. I haven't checked in a good while, so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    Install the "Cheddah/SwissMiss" compilation patch from Preware (it should still be there). If you don't see it, send a PM to chalx.
    Where are these patches and what are they for?

Or to say it with OldSkoolVMLover::

A what?
    a what?
    and a what?