1.    #1  
    is it just my phone or is it normal for the battery to drain twice as fast with 2.1 running the f104 kernel? i know with 1.4.5 govnah would read an average of 200 ma. now with 2.1 its doubled to 420ma average. should i rebuild my 2.1 metadoctor, or just learn to live with it? any help is very much appreciated. thx
    I can say that my Pre 2 running 2.1 is way better than my Sprint Pre was.
    my sprint pre with 2.1 is actually getting better battery life than before. 1.4.5 with sr71 and 2.1 with sr71 both using screen state 1.2 500. i notice an honest increase in battery performance.
  4.    #4  
    I thinking its just me then. I even doctored back down to 1.4.5 to make sure it wasn't my batt and it was running great. Id say under 200ma with uk 1000/500. I can't handle over 2x the drain of power. Would redoing my 2.1 doctor even change this for me? I love 2.1 , but I like my phone to have a charge even more. Hoping someone can steer me in right direction if there is a fix for me
    personally, i would put 2.1 back on and dont apply any other patches besides your overclock (unless they are dire) and see how it runs. if it still sucks then go back to 1.4.5
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    personally, i would put 2.1 back on and dont apply any other patches besides your overclock (unless they are dire) and see how it runs. if it still sucks then go back to 1.4.5

I tried that before I posted. idk I guess I will just rebuild the meta 2.1 and try again. what could it hurt. thx for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    I tried that before I posted. idk I guess I will just rebuild the meta 2.1 and try again. what could it hurt. thx for your input.
    your welcome. goodluck!

p.s. while i get better battery life, i will get random SUPER sluggish/laggy/slow/ moments with no apparent reason. not sure what causes that. i have my mem upped too.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I initially had worse battery life after the update but I let the Pre run flat, charged to 100% and sice then, ive been really good. Easily as good as before but possibly better!