Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I loaded 2.1 onto my Pre+ and since then I've noticed that the volume of events varies wildly.
    I set the call volume to max and ringtone to 'old phone'. As I increase the volume, it sounds nice and loud but when a call comes in, it's really, really quiet! The volume buttons at the side are set to max.

The same thing happens with the texts and emails. They sound loud when you select them but out in the wild, you can hardly hear the damn things.

To make matters worse, sometimes, just sometimes, it rings or beeps at maximum volume when a call comes in, scaring the c*ap out me because I'm not expecting it!

What gives?
    do you have it set to ring with increasing volume? that setting makes it start quiet and get louder with each ring. turn that setting back to normal and it won't do that...

edit: did I dream this? can't find it now... does someone know what I was thinking?
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/08/2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Huh?
    It can do that?
    I never knew. Where can I find those features / settings?
    maybe I dreamed that up? Had it on the Centro and now I'm hunting for it on my phone. Can't remember if it was a patch, or maybe I'm just crazy. I've got a VZW Pre+ and a VZW Pre2 so I'll try to dig it up.
    I had to install the patch to inc volume on my sprint franken 2.1 pre plus

even so volume is a little buggy, sometimes w a mind of its own....but better since patch esp since phone volume was too low
    OK, so I totally can't find the setting I was so sure I saw...l so my new answer is to use the Mode Switcher app which allows you to automatically change settings based on many variables, such as starting an app.

So, for example, when the phone app opens you could have it automatically increase volume, etc.

There is also a set of Pre ringtones that have been recorded with the gain maxed, and that gives you a higher potential max volume. I'll find those and post a link here.
    The front page link to the louder ringtones appears to be broken, so I'll try to figure out a place to upload it for everyone. Apparently I can't attach a 4gb zip file to a post... anyone have an ftp server?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The front page link to the louder ringtones appears to be broken, so I'll try to figure out a place to upload it for everyone. Apparently I can't attach a 4gb zip file to a post... anyone have an ftp server?

4Gb for a bunch of ringtones? Wow, that's some ringtones!!