1.    #1  

Sooooo... I dunno how many people know this, but simple HTML works in SMS between webOS phones. I discovered it way before I was posting in the forums and never really did it because it was such a PITA. But then it just struck me today: Text Assist Shortcuts!

So far I've only tested the ones you see in the shot:

<b>/</b> = bold
    <i>/</i> = italic
    <u>/</u> = underline
    <strike> and <s> don't work

I plan on setting the shortcuts up something like this:

bb -> <b>
    bbb or bz -> </b> (initially I tried /b -> </b> but it appears symbols in the word TO BE CHANGED doesn't work. Symbols in the phrase TO BE CHANGED TO does work)

and so on... Kind of a neat little novelty. As far as I can remember (I did test back in the day) it doesn't work when sending to ios or android... :/ but neat nonetheless.

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    and so on... Kind of a neat little novelty. As far as I can remember (I did test back in the day) it doesn't work when sending to ios or android... :/ but neat nonetheless.

Enjoy!
    lol i like that
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    That's actually pretty cool.

Text Assist is still the first thing I switched off when I got 2.1 - I know how to spell and text prediction will ALWAYS, sooner or later, lead to dire insults against someone's mother or similar shenanigans.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    That's actually pretty cool.

Text Assist is still the first thing I switched off when I got 2.1 - I know how to spell and text prediction will ALWAYS, sooner or later, lead to dire insults against someone's mother or similar shenanigans.
    Haha! Yeah. So you're familiar with Damn You Auto Correct! - Funny iPhone Fails and Autocorrect Horror Stories then? Heh.

It should be possible to turn on only Shortcuts and delete the ones you don't want?
    Just discovered this on my Pre. My gf sent me a message from her droid as a joke and the bold, italic, and break code work!

I responded to her and a simple bold tag did not work on her phone :P
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    I did this in 1.4.5 and it worked. Never knew that. Cool.