Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Ive noticed that just changing the system sound & the ringtone volume after using voice-dial reactivates the sounds without rebooting.Just move the slider any direction & then back where you had it.

    maybe this info can be added to wiki or STICKY or something unless it just works for me.
    Pre plus on sprint with 2.1.0!

    I just used voiceDial & after call connected I simply hit the volume button on the side turning it down & back up & sounds are working. I got a text while on the phone and the message alert came thru. After hanging up all sounds are still working. NO REBOOTING of phone to get sounds working again.

    NOTE:This has only been tried on legacy device with 2.1.0. dont know if it will work on the Pre2 or not. But it works on the Pre-/Pre+ VZW & ATT all on Sprint.

    Update: this doesn't work if you end the call before you hit the volume button. It only seems to work if done during the call made by VoiceDial.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/26/2011 at 03:30 PM.
  2. #2  
    I noticed that once in awhile and didn't put 2+2 together. Sure wish I didn't break my VolUp button
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    I guess nobody else has had this problem. I have heard that if you follow the tutorial that comes on when you first launch VoiceDial it configures something & you don't get this problem. I think if that's true it should definitely be added to the wiki.
  4. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #4  
    Im having troubles getting this to work ... I had the stuck in headphone mode problem... solved it with the old q-tip and alcohol. But now I have no system sounds and cant get it work with the voice dial trick. When ever I do the insert jack repeatedly it starts the voice dial, that never happened with 1.4.5 . Please post it step by step as it seems you have to different methods listed.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Im having troubles getting this to work ... I had the stuck in headphone mode problem... solved it with the old q-tip and alcohol. But now I have no system sounds and cant get it work with the voice dial trick. When ever I do the insert jack repeatedly it starts the voice dial, that never happened with 1.4.5 . Please post it step by step as it seems you have to different methods listed.
    there is one method the second part is more detail. Have you at least tried the method? It doesn't work to correct it once it starts (only a reboot works), it only prevents it. Sometime it will reactivate the sounds, sometimes it won't. It only works to keep them from deactivating while on a call dialed with Voicedial.

    Rod has new scripts out that builds meta-doctor with the Voicedial from the veer. Many are having better success with that one. Rebuild the meta-doctor & try again.

    Also the Graphite is the only permanent fix for the stuck it headphone mode. The Alcohol & qtip only helped some & then sometimes it was only temporary.

    try here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/281437-stuck-headset-mode-permanent-easy-fix.html
    Last edited by bodyshop; 06/06/2011 at 08:22 AM.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Im having troubles getting this to work ... I had the stuck in headphone mode problem... solved it with the old q-tip and alcohol. But now I have no system sounds and cant get it work with the voice dial trick. When ever I do the insert jack repeatedly it starts the voice dial, that never happened with 1.4.5 . Please post it step by step as it seems you have to different methods listed.
    Uh... since there wasn't a voice dial feature in 1.4.5 it is not surprising that it did not happen. Or did I misunderstand your point?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I noticed that once in awhile and didn't put 2+2 together. Sure wish I didn't break my VolUp button
    You could add one of the patches that puts volume on the top bar menu.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Uh... since there wasn't a voice dial feature in 1.4.5 it is not surprising that it did not happen. Or did I misunderstand your point?
    LMAO I didn't wanna mention. LOL

Posting Permissions