Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Tib
    A few weeks ago i updated my German Palm Pre+ from webOS v1.45 to v2.10. No problems, everything went and is fine.

Yesterday evening my Pre suddenly popped up a message "Anwendungsdatenbank fast voll" (rough translation: Nearly no space left in application database). The only two options were a green "Help" Button and the "Dismiss" Button. Pressing the "Help" button brought up a completely blank help page. So I had no information what was going on and no immediate help available.
    While googling after this problem the message popped up a second time after about 15 minutes.
    Again after about 15 minutes my Pre told me "Anwendungsdatenbank voll - Neustart erforderlich" (rough translation: No space left in application database - reboot necessary).

The only option was to reboot.

After the reboot I had to restore my profile again (after 2.10 update), enter all passwords again including complex WLAN passwords had to reconfigure lots of missing configurations, like missing RSS feeds in my RSS reader, and of course everything around Preware was messed up. (Homebrew apps were gone, patches were still installed but Preware doesn't recognizes them any more).

Now my questions:

1. What is going on here?
    2. What should I have done after the first warning?
    3. Where can I get informations about the status of my "application database size"
    4. What can I do to avoid this?

(System Information memory: 16GB, used memory:1,5 GB. Right now i have 27 apps installed. I use one Exchange account, one Google account and two additional mail accounts. In all of those accounts aren't to much data. About 100 contacts, some with images, 50 mails, mail recycle bins are empty, and of course lots of appointments in the calendars)
    I would check the other filsystems like described here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...now-issue.html
    Same issue here.
    I had these messages and ignored them. Now my Pre is no longer retrieving mail nor can I add or remove contacts. It is een impossible to remove an e-mail account in order to save space.
    But the real point is: this is not a filesystem issue but a DB issue. Since WebOS 2 they are storing stuff in a SQL like DB. My question now. Can I somehow get access to this DB to release some space?
    I am not willing to doctor the device yet. On the positve side since mail retrieval has stoped my data consumption has lessened / normalised and the batt stays 100% longer than directly after the upgrade.
    Any advice would greatly appreciated
    Cheers Klaus
    - running a Pre- with WebOS 2.1
    I just got my Pre Plus, doctored it to 2.1 using the official doctor for the appropriate device, and am getting the same error; I was, in fact, kicked out of my profile before the notifications started. I have 12GB free disk space so that should not be an issue at all; as Tib said, this seems to be a database bug.

Does nobody know exactly what is going on here? Is there a fix?

<edit> oh this is bogus. I was forced to reboot and after rebooting had to undergo the whole first start procedure. My phone was, in effect, completely wiped and even has to download ALL MY APPS again... I have a whole bunch of games, so this takes hours.

I installed 2.1 around 10pm and it is now 3am... I won't be able to completely reinstall all of my profile data every couple of hours is this such a rare bug that only the handful of people in this thread have experienced it?
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 04/27/2011 at 08:53 PM.
  5. Tib
    Thanks for the reply.

Maybe this happens only to Pre+ upgraded from 1.4.5 to 2.1? By the way this bug happened just once to me. Since five weeks my 2.1 just runs fine.
    I just got this again. That's twice in less than 24 hours. Sigh.

Just before it happened, I set my phone language to English in order to be able to use certain patches. Upon reboot I got asked to enter a device password due to a new Exchange Active Sync policy - even though I do not actually use Exchange.

What's going on here?

<edit> I tried to contact the Palm Support Chat earlier today and got a very helpful message telling me that the Palm Support Chat is broken. I'm trying to doctor my phone right now but the doctor won't go past 0% even though the battery is nearly full.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 04/28/2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just had the "Application Database is full" message this morning, telling me I should reboot, and then re-setup my Palm Profile.

I assumed in my case it was due to a very long SMS conversation, so I deleted that. In order to get around being kicked out of my Palm Profile, I used Impostah's activation page to re-login without messing up my data
    Nokia 3210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3330 -> Sharp GX10 -> Nokia 3410 -> Siemens C66 -> Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy Europa/Samsung Wave/iPhone 3G -> Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Well, what I did was temporary. Just got the message again, but have no idea what's causing it.
    Nokia 3210 -> Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 3330 -> Sharp GX10 -> Nokia 3410 -> Siemens C66 -> Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire -> iPhone 3G -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> HTC Desire/Samsung Galaxy Europa/Samsung Wave/iPhone 3G -> Palm Pre 2
    I have the same problem. After allowing it to reboot, it made me log into the profile again, which restored catalog apps, but not homebrew, obviously. Now less than 24 hours later, it is telling me to reboot again.
    try to PM heartbeatz and see if he can help you.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Firs I got the "database getting full" message, then, minutes later, "database is full" and had to reboot. My Pre Plus was wiped and now is restoring my profile. Slowly. All passwords and app data will be lost, seems like. Damn.
    Just a detail: everybody has turn off the Backup before go to 2.1.0?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I just had this happen to my TouchPad. First got the message about 'almost' full, and then it said it was out of space and that my device needed to be reset. It rebooted and wiped everything clean and started over.

Anyone figure this one out?
    -Jeremy
    List your apps, and try to find the one that causes this.

This problem probably comes from the db8 size limitation. If one app stores all it's data in the db8 database, probably fills it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    List your apps, and try to find the one that causes this.

This problem probably comes from the db8 size limitation. If one app stores all it's data in the db8 database, probably fills it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    How do I figure this out?

I wasn't even running any apps when it happened, except Exhibition... I went to bed and everything was fine. When I woke up the error was on the screen.

How do I know which apps use db8? Is that stored under /var/db?

-Jeremy
    I just had the same error this morning. Left the device on over night and got the error "Die Anwendungsdatenbank ist in Kürze voll". I have no music installed, just a few pictures and a few programs on my Pre3. Any ideas what could be causing this?
    Did you ever find out what happened? i got this morning the same message on my Pre3 (Anwendungsdatenbank ist in Kürze voll).
    Danke
    Alex
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I just experienced this issue with my TouchPad this morning. Woke up to a message saying the database was 'Almost full'. It tried to take me to a help page that wouldn't load. Then I rebooted, and then it told me "The application database is full", and it required me to restart to fix it, which completely wiped my device.

How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?
    Just had this happen tonight after I was importing books using the new Kindle Import app. I checked my Device Info and it showed I had 12gb of my 32gb used. I was offered only to restart and it wiped my TouchPad. Just 2 days ago, my TouchPad completely deleted all programs except those that came with it after trying to use the Kindle Import app, but wouldn't recognize my profile and reinstall my programs. In order to get my programs back, I had to doctor, synch and reinstall everything. Very frustrating. Could there be some kind of memory leak with this app?
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    I started to get the "about to be full" warning about a week ago on my Verizon Pre 2 running 2.1. It's popping up about once a day. I've tried rebooting, I've tried deleting an app that I had been using heavily and seemed to be acting a bit temperamental (Tweed), cleared log files and set logging to minimum, and cleared my browser's cache. Still getting it. I don't feel like fighting it since a solution doesn't seem to be available, so willing to wipe phone clean by erasing apps and data. But I think if I don't turn off my backup, the problematic file(s) might just get reinstalled.

My question: If turn off backup (which also deletes my backup on my profile) and do a apps/data reset, will my Pre 2 still know my various accts for mail, calenders, contacts and the apps I've downloaded/bought and recreate/re-download or will I lose that stuffas well?
  20. Tib
    You won't lose bought apps. After a profile restore all downloaded official free and bought apps (not Preware or webOSInternals) will get restored as well. You will have to enter any password again, email accounts eg. That's it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast