Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now the frequency is up to a couple of times a day, with one happening at night each of the last few nights (I suspect the night one is happening because of the backup process running). I had dumped all of my sms threads but that didn't solve it. What is especially aggrevating is that I have 14.5 of my 16gb free --I don't have any music on the device and perhaps a couple dozen photos and short videos I shot with the camera. All of that space and for what if this mysterious "database" is going to fill up.

I'm going to try add save/restore (I don't have Internals on my Pre 2 right now) tonight and backup my game progress (not that it is that valuable) and then I'll do a data/app reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoRed View Post
    Now the frequency is up to a couple of times a day, with one happening at night each of the last few nights (I suspect the night one is happening because of the backup process running). I had dumped all of my sms threads but that didn't solve it. What is especially aggrevating is that I have 14.5 of my 16gb free --I don't have any music on the device and perhaps a couple dozen photos and short videos I shot with the camera. All of that space and for what if this mysterious "database" is going to fill up.

I'm going to try add save/restore (I don't have Internals on my Pre 2 right now) tonight and backup my game progress (not that it is that valuable) and then I'll do a data/app reset.
    Well the reset was a bit laborious, but not too bad. The save/restore worked for some things (e.g., Angry Birds, wifi settings) and sort of worked for others (Launcher layout), so that was good. The redownload of apps was automatic and the reset didn't set me back to 2.0, which I was worried about. A couple of days now and I haven't seen that dreaded warning (fingers crossed).

The boon of all of this is it finally got me to put Preware onto my Pre 2 (I had it on my TP, not my phone) and start using some of the great patches that are available. Awesome work by the developers who put the patches together.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just had the same problem, first a series of "application database full" messages, then the database is full. I tried to avoid a reset but it just happened. Had to restore using palm profile and save/restore and then reset settings and log-in.

Had only recently updated to WebOS 2.2.4.

Have to wait and see if it happend again.
    This just happened to me as well using AT&T Pre3 2.2.4. Reset itself and now won't boot....get perpetual HP logo. Not sure what to do? What the hell was this?
    This has happened to me numerous times now, on both my phones (Pre2 and Pre3) and Touchpad.

It must be an app causing it because no-one else I know of using webOS is having these issues.

The problem is most *definitely* with the /var/db file system. if you see this error get to a Linux command line as quickly as possible (USe xterm, wterm, or plug your device into a PC and use novaterm) and delete any "log" files under /var/db

Also, I've noticed sometimes there is a /var/db/tmp that has the same files as /var/db but the ones under /var/db/temp are much larger.

Does anyone know of a way to open/examine these database files to figure out what they are being filled with? If we put our collective heads together we've got to be able to figure this out.

-Jeremy
  6. Tib
    Jeremy,

thanks for all these informations!

Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    ...delete any "log" files under /var/db
    I was curious this morning an deleted the two log.0000003014 and log.0000003015 files, assuming deletion of a log-file wouldn't cause problems. But it did: My Pre3 got stuck while rebooting.

After about one hour waiting for the Pre3 to come back again I got tired and doctored my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tib View Post
    Jeremy,

thanks for all these informations!

I was curious this morning an deleted the two log.0000003014 and log.0000003015 files, assuming deletion of a log-file wouldn't cause problems. But it did: My Pre3 got stuck while rebooting.

After about one hour waiting for the Pre3 to come back again I got tired and doctored my Pre.
    I doubt it was caused by deleting the log files. I routinely delete the log files on both my Pre3 and Touchpad when I start getting the application database errors. The only time I have trouble is when the /var/db partition fills up despite my deltion of the log files.

-Jeremy
    I find the best way to investigate boot or Luna restart issues (which I see occasionally after installing a patch on my Touchpad) is to have the Dropbear SSH package from Preware installed. You can (in most cases) ssh to the device and run 'tail -f /car/log/messages' to see what's happening, as well as check filesystems, etc -- real geek stuff. You can also force a reboot from the command prompt.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12