Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have a Pre on Sprint. The phone does not work. As soon as I attempt to make a call or pick a call up the EV symbol and the reception bars disappear. They return as soon as the call is ended. I have been told people can hear me, but I cannot hear them. All other functionality of the phone works. This is the second time in the past year that I have had this problem. The first time Sprint sent me a replacement.
    Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
    well the ev is supposed to, on sprint the data and phone can't be used at the same time. Have you tried doctoring?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen10 View Post
    I have a Pre on Sprint. The phone does not work. As soon as I attempt to make a call or pick a call up the EV symbol and the reception bars disappear. They return as soon as the call is ended. I have been told people can hear me, but I cannot hear them. All other functionality of the phone works. This is the second time in the past year that I have had this problem. The first time Sprint sent me a replacement.
    Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
    The EV icon always disappears when on a call. It is because you cannot use 3G data while on a call on a CDMA network. It also sounds like your phone may be stuck in headset mode. To release from headset mode, plug in a pair of headphones, place a call and while the call is connected, unplug the headphones. Alternatively, try plugging headphones in and playing music with the music player. Pause the music, and while paused, unplug the headphones. If these don't work, get a Q-tip and dip it in rubbing alcohol and stick it in the headphone jack and twist it around. If NONE of these work, search the forums for an app called "The Ghastly Headset" and install it via Internalz or webOS Quick Install. This app forces your phone out of headset mode. The only problem with that app is after each call you place, you have to switch it back from headset mode again.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I did try doctoring to no avail.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Tried the headset mode, no dice there either.
    When you're on a call, can you hear the person on the other end if you put it on speaker phone?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I can hear it on speaker, I had not tried that as I rarely use speaker. I can make a call with the speaker on.
    That means you're stuck in headset mode. If none of those tricks worked and if you don't want to install The Ghastly Headset or that patch in the link I sent you, you will need a new headphone jack (sprint usually replaces these for under $50) or you could buy a used Pre on craigslist or ebay for around the same price.