1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I been reading these forum for the last few months now and I thought this would be the best time to get some advise. Back in oct., after some research, I switch from a BB to a pixi and loved it at first, but now I ready for something more. I want to stay with the Palm but with a lack of phone that I can actual buy I don't know if I can hold out for the Pre 3(if it comes to sprint?.). I was in the verizon store not too long ago and I check out the pre 2 and thought it was awesome, but I'm not going to switch from sprint just for a phone. What do you guys think I should do? Should I just get a Pre- and use that until the Pre 3 comes out? I really like Webos and I don't want to move to another operating system. I don't like the android but if I don't hear something soon about sprint getting a pre 3 I don't I'll stay with webos.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    A Pre Minus can be found relatively cheap these days on eBay or Craigslist, however I think you would enjoy a Frankenpre more. It would cost a little more having to get a Pre Plus and a Pre Minus thats not in very good shape, but the resulting Frankenpre is great and will tide you over for a while. I got a mint Verizon Plus for $60, and a horribly abused Pre Minus with a good esn for $20. You can send both phones out to be Plussed, or you can do it yourself (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-guide.html). Plus, I have heard that the Frankenpre handles 2.0 better.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by madgamer22 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I been reading these forum for the last few months now and I thought this would be the best time to get some advise. Back in oct., after some research, I switch from a BB to a pixi and loved it at first, but now I ready for something more. I want to stay with the Palm but with a lack of phone that I can actual buy I don't know if I can hold out for the Pre 3(if it comes to sprint?.). I was in the verizon store not too long ago and I check out the pre 2 and thought it was awesome, but I'm not going to switch from sprint just for a phone. What do you guys think I should do? Should I just get a Pre- and use that until the Pre 3 comes out? I really like Webos and I don't want to move to another operating system. I don't like the android but if I don't hear something soon about sprint getting a pre 3 I don't I'll stay with webos.

Thanks
    To me the answer is simple.. If you can hold out till possibly june for a 65% or greater chance for a pre3 nd your pixi is holding up.. Than stay.. Otherwise don't wait just jump to an evo or HTC Arrive

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Don't know if I want to go through buying two pre to make one. My pixi is holding up ok but I just can stand how slow it is. I just want something faster I wish they would just announce something. Any one have any idea what this March 14 thing is about?
    Do you use Preware? The Pixi can now be overclocked.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I've had it overclock once or twice but my phone started doing some funny things like restarting and losing my 3g connect.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    With Preware the Pixi can be overclocked easily as verwon stated. I'm a fan of the Frankenpre because the performance is simply amazing, however it is does require a Sprint Pre and a Pre Plus.

I think that if you overclock your Pixi as well as some other enhancements from Preware, such as themes, you will be able to hold out.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Yeah I've had it overclock once or twice but my phone started doing some funny things like restarting and losing my 3g connect.
    My wifes Pixi was doing the same thing, she made me take it back to stock unfortunately, so, we are waiting until June to see what Sprint gets. I believe both the Pre 3 and Veer will be as fast and smooth as any phone on the market once they are released, so if you are able to hold on, you will be happy.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 02/28/2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Don't know if I want to go through buying two pre to make one. My pixi is holding up ok but I just can stand how slow it is. I just want something faster I wish they would just announce something. Any one have any idea what this March 14 thing is about?
    I get the sense March 14 will be about broader HP strategy.
    Last year ATT announced preplus in mid April so I would expect pre3 carrier will be announced in April, maybe mid-May at very latest.
  10.    #10  
    OK, I've given it some thought. I'm going to hold out until the 22 of march just to see what this sprint event is going to be about. I know it just more evo, but I can hope. By that time HP should, at least in my opinion, release carrier info on the Pre 3 if they are indeed prepping for a "early" summer launch. If not, I think I going to leave the webos brand. It's a great operating system and even though I haven't been with it long i really like it and think that it is the best OS out there, but minus the OS, everyone else is leap and bound above Webos. Oh well, HP you have until the 22th.