Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    Try a different PRL. There are three listed on the link in the first post. I found the first one listed did the same thing

OK, Thanks thought they were all the same. Which one worked for you?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I used to have QPST working on XP, but I'm having no luck on Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit.

Drivers installed fine:

QPST won't show anything but No Phone:

Anybody having similar issues or know of the problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Pre 1. Yeah, unchecked the "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only". That's how I was able to add the two USB ports, which will only show No Phone..

Edit: Finally found a USB port on my PC that would allow it to show up. All is well now
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/16/2011 at 10:47 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    NOTICE:

What this hack does is make your phone prefer Verizon Ev OVER Sprint Ev. Thus, whenEVER your phone gets the chance, it will switch to, and stay with Verizon. Thus, your time roaming will increase exponentially. People on that thread have already confessed to getting "warning" letters from Sprint as well as a few people have gotten their contracts canceled.

Just be aware of what you're getting yourself into.
    So my earlier question in the thread asking "Who pays for this bandwidth" has been answered - Sprint pays for it and if you use too much they balk possibly cancelling your contract. Interesting.
    Eh, technically I pay for it, Sprint just funnels my money to Verizon, which I will do on my own soon enough.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Ok..for some reason I can't get this to work and I desperately need it. I roam with 1x and a bar or two constantly. I think I have all my settings right, network
    =auto, data roam=enabled, data usage=on. If I switch my service to sprint only I get NO signal. I tried following the methods to hack the prl but when it gets to the load drivers and I select the driver it gives me a error saying no info about your device could be found.

Pre minus
    Using XP

Thanks in advance!
    Thanks but still no go..same error message. Does anyone know of any other way to get my pre- to find a better signal/tower? any hints?
    Thanks
    I'm thinking about doing this on my Sprint PrePlus (a Sprint comm board in a Verizon PrePlus) running webos 2.1.0
    Has anyone had any success with this configuration?
    I imagine the Sprint PrePlus is the same as the Sprint Pre-, but wonder if the webOS version makes a difference, since we can't update/recover PRL in 2.1.0

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    I'm thinking about doing this on my Sprint PrePlus (a Sprint comm board in a Verizon PrePlus) running webos 2.1.0
    Has anyone had any success with this configuration?
    I imagine the Sprint PrePlus is the same as the Sprint Pre-, but wonder if the webOS version makes a difference, since we can't update/recover PRL in 2.1.0

Any ideas?
    Works fine in 2.1.0
    Is there any reason this couldn't be done via this method?:

1. rename (PRL FILE) to Sprint_60677.prl
    2. tar -cf prl_update.tar Sprint_60677.prl
    3. PmModemUpdater < /path/to/prl_update.tar

(credit: Xanadu73, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2915956)

Just tried it, seems to have worked (Device Info shows PRL version: 1), I'm still getting EV (after reboot as well). How do I test to see if this is really working the way it's supposed to?
    Last edited by DaDueler; 03/22/2011 at 06:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    The PRL Hack is the prl file included from XDA forums in the OP. I got QPST to work and it reads my phone and everything is perfect

Are you able to get your MSL this way too?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Are you able to get your MSL this way too?

M.
    QPST does not read your MSL, you need your MSL to write the PRL, too.

Worked for me except I didn't rename anything. Great because you don't need your MSL to do it.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post

(credit: Xanadu73, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2915956)

Just tried it, seems to have worked (Device Info shows PRL version: 1), I'm still getting EV (after reboot as well). How do I test to see if this is really working the way it's supposed to?
    Worked for me as well...
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    By the way, easiest way to get your MSL (if you have a spare Sprint phone or a friend with a Sprint phone) is:
    Activate another phone from Sprint.com,
    Re-activate your phone, they'll email you the MSL and MSID (you'll also see it on screen).

Beware though, the Palm Pre doesn't always enjoy being de-activated and re-activated, phone capability comes back easily but EV doesn't always... requiring a doctor to 1.4.5 then 2.1.0 again (assuming you're running 2.1)
    Awww CRAP.

So I updated my PRL yesterday and everything seemed fine.

This morning however, I woke up and tried to call out...NOPE. I reset my phone, and tried again...this time it went through. I sent my boss and coworker - separately - a long text that spanned two texts. BOTH of them, again, separately, got the second text but not the first.

Any ideas before I try to go back to the previous PRL? Would the PRL even affect that? It is known that Sprint has tower issues in my area, so technically I could blame that if I hadn't updated yesterday..
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Awww CRAP.

So I updated my PRL yesterday and everything seemed fine.

This morning however, I woke up and tried to call out...NOPE. I reset my phone, and tried again...this time it went through. I sent my boss and coworker - separately - a long text that spanned two texts. BOTH of them, again, separately, got the second text but not the first.

Any ideas before I try to go back to the previous PRL? Would the PRL even affect that? It is known that Sprint has tower issues in my area, so technically I could blame that if I hadn't updated yesterday..

As far as the texts goes, I've had that happen a bunch of times in the 9+ years I've been with Sprint. I've just assumed Network Load. Eventually, it'll all go through (usually...). It could be 10 minutes from now or 10 hours. Cell Providers don't put much priority on SMS messages. (and they shouldn't! That bandwidth was allocated for emergency transmissions and network --> phone communications, not saying "LOLZZZZ!" to someone and SMS them a 50K picture like people do these days). It operates on a different frequency than your phone calls do (which is why/how you can get notified of a missed call, even if your phone never rang - think the difference between AM and FM radio:
    • AM - GREAT range, can go through some physical barriers, crappy quality, not a whole lot of bandwidth available, slower clock ticks.
    • FM - Killer quality, crappy range, easily obstructed, carry a lot of information, faster clock ticks.

Voice Communication == FM
    SMS Communication == AM
    (in this example)
    ).

As far as the calling issue goes, I had my phone data connection blink out for a few hours late at night a couple days ago. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I assume a tower lost power, or they changed something in The Matrix, or something. It was only roaming on Verizon data. I was able to call my Voice Mail (as a test) just fine though. It was back up and on Sprint by the time I woke up in the morning.

M.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 03/23/2011 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73;2918124That bandwidth was allocated for [U
    emergency[/U] transmissions and network --> phone communications, not saying "LOLZZZZ!" to someone and SMS them a 50K picture like people do these days).

lol...that was funny...I immediately thought of my wife....her and my sister-in-law will text for an hour...and I'm like - "You do know you can call her and that conversation would have taken 90 seconds, right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It's a law of physics that two women cannot have a telephone conversation for less than 1 hour.
    lol..interesting that this law transferred neatly over to texting..
    I've noticed that my MMS no longer works... I do remember reading about a quirk with the way Sprint handles MMS: you have to be on Sprint towers (with EVDO) to send or receive, so you won't receive an MMS even if you're on Wifi...
    Have any Pre users gotten trouble from Sprint for using this?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast