1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Pre Plus I got through Verizon last November. The first thing I noticed was how hard the power button on the upper right hand side was to press to wake up the phone.

My wife and mother-in-law have the same phone they purchased last June, and the power button on their phones is significantly easier to press.

It really is difficult to activate the phone with that button. I have to hold the phone in both hands and bear down on the button.

Does anybody know if there was a change in manufacturing, or if this is a defect. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
    nope. I got my Pre right after launch. I've had several replacements. None have had difficulty with the power button. You should call verizon support and have them send you a replacement. IMHO.
    A post in the forums suggests ripping out your power button (very easy) and placing a small piece of eraser inside the power button slot. You can click the power button back in and that should fix it. This worked great when my power button stopped working.
    The eraser trick works when your button isnt working. It seems like you just have a hard time pressing it down. Try carefully popping the button off (easy, as was mentioned), See if there is anything stuck in there thats preventing the button being pressed. Pop the button back in and see if that works.

edit: the easiest way to get the button off is to take the back cover off and use a small paper clip or something similar to get under the button and pop it off.
    Will try this, my power button seems to be stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    The eraser trick works when your button isnt working. It seems like you just have a hard time pressing it down. Try carefully popping the button off (easy, as was mentioned), See if there is anything stuck in there thats preventing the button being pressed. Pop the button back in and see if that works.

edit: the easiest way to get the button off is to take the back cover off and use a small paper clip or something similar to get under the button and pop it off.
    A nail file works perfectly.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!