1.    #1  
    As the the thread title thoroughly states, getting my (Verizon) Pre Plus to charge is becoming an increasingly difficult proposition. In the past four months, the following has happened:

- Most phones, all you need to do is plug the power cord into the device to get it to charge. With my Pre, you have to plug it in, quickly unplug it, then plug it in again. If you don't, the battery will drop like a rock. It does this with every outlet and with every computer in my house. The physical "plug"/base that I use doesn't matter - the official Pre plug, the Apple plug, the one from Slacker, two Logitechs, even a USB/Game Boy deal from the Gamestop yield the same result. If fact, the only place that it doesn't do it regularly - "regularly" is the key word there - is in the car. And no, I don't have an official Pre car charger. I use a Sony FM tuner with a built-in USB port and an official Nokia cord.

- If the battery goes under 5%, I'm pretty much screwed. If I plug it in, it will more often than not drop to "zero" and stay there. I had it sitting at zero for two hours once. The only way I can get a charge at all is by resetting the damn thing, only plugging it in after the phone prompts me. It'll restart on its own after about five minutes. From there, I have to hope that it says that I have more than "zero." If it's a zero reading, I have to do it all over again.

- The battery will stop charging at anywhere from 75 to 93 percent if left plugged in for more than two hours. It'll claim that it's still charging, but the number never goes up. This has been happening more and more as the months go on.

- Doing anything aside from using the browser while the phone is charging will cause it to lose battery. I've watched a twenty minute conversation take the phone from 63 percent to 50 percent on more than one occasion.

So I ask: What should I do? Do I need a new battery? A touchstone? I'm getting desperate here. The last thing that I (and my wife, and our bank account) want to do is shell out couple hundred for another phone, but I think that's where I'm headed.
    well this most likely is the battery is bad. so the best bet is to look up pre batteries on amazon . i think they are being sold for like 3 bucks each so you could buy a few if you wanted to have spares . not bad if it fixes your problem . if not
    i would look for webOS repair utility and run it on your phone to see if it finds any glitches . if not that run the doctor on your phone , and lastly return it for a refurb if there are any left .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Mine is taking forever to charge, and when it is charging and I am using it it will slowly discharge, also I tried to doctor it and it won't make it past the charging part annoying
    like i said try the new battery first or i would anyways .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    If you download Dr. Battery from the Preware feeds you can check the battery health. I would bet that its pretty bad and the cause of your problems.

You can get new batteries from Amazon for about $3.00. I bought a couple for my daughter's Pixi and my Pre a few months ago.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    charging is controlled by software (powerd). You may have a software problem.
    use dr.battery or govnah to monitor what is going on with your battery.
    the charging sign in top right means nothing. Dr.Battery shows a positive number for current when the battery actually charges.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I was under the impression charging was handled by the modem.
    That's why SOS Only phones drain constantly and are impossible to charge. Jack mentioned this, based on his experience with mytether?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2805668
    Yes, the software controls it. When I first Plussed my Pre for Sprint, I copied one of the BATT tokens sightly off, and even though the phone worked it would not charge unless it was turned off even though it showed the lightening bolt.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    In that case, I would think it's a combination.
    Corrupted modem firmware will prevent your phone from charging correctly as well. (well, that and I take Jack's word for it ).
    Thanks, quite interesting.
    If you stop powerd and plug in the charger it will not charge.
    I tried to use this function to make the calibrating in dr.battery easier.
    But sometimes/often the touchscreen doesn't work after that.