1.    #1  
    This may not be new news to some, but I have just found out the quicker and easier to remember way, to enter Developer Mode.

Instead of typing the long: up up down down left right left right b a start
    Just type: webos20090606
    good info -- for what it is worth -- i also reccomend the unhide dev mode icon patch that way you don't have to jump through these hoops
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    good info -- for what it is worth -- i also reccomend the unhide dev mode icon patch that way you don't have to jump through these hoops
    I have the dev mode patch, but for theose that may have to Dr. and start off fresh, I thought it may be of use. I personally find it far easier to remember. Hey if it helps one person it was worth it.
    In webOS 2.0, accessing Dev Mode is easier...

GSM: Dial #*DEVMODE#
    CDMA: Dial ##DEVMODE#

Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I have the dev mode patch, but for theose that may have to Dr. and start off fresh, I thought it may be of use. I personally find it far easier to remember. Hey if it helps one person it was worth it.
    i agree -- it is good information -- hope i did not come off as aloof -- just wanted to let people know about the patch also

thanks
    Rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I have sconix's advanced configuration for app launcher, so I just start typing dev and the app icon comes up =P
    Nice find man. Much easier to get in that way if you are doing it for the first time.
    Im so used to kanami code, i just type it all in
    Thanks for the tip!! Oh, I thanked you through the link in your post as well, just to make it official!!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    How do you unhide an icon?
    Diptid: In Preware there is a patch called "Unhide Dev Mode"
    Quote Originally Posted by Diptid View Post
    How do you unhide an icon?
    It has to be 'hidden' first! (Which the 'Dev Mode' Icon is, until you install the patch).. yea!