Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #22  
    yes the two chargers that I do have do produce a lot of noise. The ferrite ring didn't help at all. I just installed the ground loop isolator and it worked perfect and it was just 17 bucks and in my case very easy to hook up. Thanks for all your advice.
  2.    #23  
    Good info I never would have guessed that even in private aircraft with all of the products on the market for sale on aviation websites.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by briandeb01 View Post
    Good info I never would have guessed that even in private aircraft with all of the products on the market for sale on aviation websites.
    The funny thing with the FCC rule is that you *can* use PCS 1900 mhz phones from the air, but not 800 mhz ones. Since there was no simple way to pick bands on most dual-band phones last time that I looked, the legal thing to do is leave your phone on the ground.....
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Speaking of conflicting government agencies, I just discovered today that police laser speed guns (and laser jammers) are regulated by, get this, the Food and Drug Administration, not the FCC.....
    Quote Originally Posted by briandeb01 View Post
    yes the two chargers that I do have do produce a lot of noise. The ferrite ring didn't help at all. I just installed the ground loop isolator and it worked perfect and it was just 17 bucks and in my case very easy to hook up. Thanks for all your advice.
    Ground loop isolators do a decent job at filtering out the ripples but I have always found that with audio systems the volume suppression (esp bass) to be so bad that I had to find alternate solutions. In consumer vehicles I will usually do what is called a big 3 upgrade which involves adding additional and better grounding to the Battery, Alternator and Engine block. I am sure the same thing would be the solution on an airplane, the bigger the wire the better. I am glad the ground loop worked for you!
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12