Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cagefighter View Post
    Furthermore, I have searched all over Sprint's website for some reference to a 5G cap. Everything I see says "unlimited".

Anyone have a link referencing the 5g cap?
    The actual 5G cap is for other products, not phones. On phones, they have said they will allow unlimited, unless a person's use is extremely excessive.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    When I first got my Pre, I signed up for the unlimited data and started playing. A couple months later, I got a call from the accounting department at our company who asked me to come over and take a look at something. I got there and they asked me why they got "this bill" ...which ended up being a Sprint bill for over $2,000. The bill charged me for unlimited data, but then charged for every byte of data used. LOL I called Sprint right away and they instantly admitted the mistake and reversed the charges. Never-the-less.. it was a scary thing to see and have to try and explain to the accounting VP.

I really need to install Netstat and see what my actual usage is per month since I never see the bill. I wonder if I go over the supposed 5G limit or not.
    When I had my Pre, with heavy usage, even working from it, I usually used about 3G a month and my son would use a little more on his phone, so it took both of us to go over 5G's. LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The 5G limit is for "aircards" and the like i.e. 3G/4G modems for laptops. I recently purchased a Dell laptop through Sprint with a built in card and there is a 5G limit on it but no limit to my Pre or my son's Blackberry. Hope this answers the question of the 5G vs unlimited data.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12