1.    #1  
    Sorry, I will write clearer instructions tomorrow.

I've (re)written a script to look for text messages with a specific key phrase in them, then reply to the sender of that message with the phone's current GPS position, then delete the received and sent messages.

When put in your crontab the script looks for messages containing your secret key anywhere in them. It then turns on the GPS, replies to the sender of that message (works with messages sent from email too). We then leave the GPS on so you don't lose your fix, then the next time the script runs, if it receives no requests, will turn the GPS back off. Then the scripts deletes all traces of the received and sent messages, beware though, they are on the phone between the time they are received and the time the script runs. You may be able to install per-sender alerts to disable tones sent from specific numbers.

Well this is useless, the forum software thinks palm<colon><forwardslash><forwardslash> is a link and wont let me post since I have 0 post so far. The script is posted on webos-internals wiki under "Patch_webOS_GPS_Tracking#Reply_with_Maps_Link_and_Delete_Messages"
    Last edited by bulldozer2003; 12/18/2010 at 07:50 PM.
    I'm scratching my head on that post. Maybe the fog hasn't lifted yet.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, I will write up clearer instructions tomorrow
    So, for example, someone sends a text asking "Where are you?" this is an app that auto-replies with a googleMaps map of where you are and then deletes the original message and the reply with the link?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel