1. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Anyone ever try to replace the plastic front of the Pre? I found this replacement online for 10.99 here but not sure how easy it would be to replace. I just want to get by until next year for upgrade and mine has two real nasty cracks that are driving me nuts (arrr... in my best pirate voice). Anyways just looking to see whose done this before and how hard it really is. Thanks.

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Anyone ever try to replace the plastic front of the Pre? I found this replacement online for 10.99 here but not sure how easy it would be to replace. I just want to get by until next year for upgrade and mine has two real nasty cracks that are driving me nuts (arrr... in my best pirate voice). Anyways just looking to see whose done this before and how hard it really is. Thanks.

Do not by this... You will ruin your screen.. Unless it comes with the digitizer and lens... I have a pre I tested on and if you separate the lens from the plastic what you will get is a rainbow mess.. Bc the liquid (dunno what it is) smeared on the screen gets smuged.. Difficult to explain
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I get what you're saying. Thanks for the warning!

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Nice catch Sketch! That would have turned out as a bad experience for the OP. Score one for the forums!
    If you want to replace your screen, you might as well consider getting a used Pre in better condition, or consider a Pre Plus conversion.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Not sure who your provider is, but Sprint has a no questions asked policy now for replacements outside of water damage.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Yeah but mines out of warranty period. Sucks since the cracks literally appeared a few weeks after summer when my 1 year was up. Oh well, saving my upgrade credit for 2011 and hopefully new phones will be coming sooner than the end of Q1.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.