1.    #1  
    hey there, doesn anyone know how to do the above, whether by bt, wf, or usb? i travel a lot to places w/o sprint service and it'd be awesome to use my pre's gps with my pc's map programs to find out where the heck i am! thanks
    Have you tried the GoogleMaps application???(on your phone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierreparent View Post
    hey there, doesn anyone know how to do the above, whether by bt, wf, or usb? i travel a lot to places w/o sprint service and it'd be awesome to use my pre's gps with my pc's map programs to find out where the heck i am! thanks
    Never heard about such function and I think it doesn't exist.
    There is a mapping app using open street map and local stored maps.
    Forgot the name but you may search for it.
    With MapToolPro you can easily pre-cache maps for when there is no coverage.

Or (and this is truly fiendish) you can read the lat, long and type it into the computer by hand.

WebOS2.0 should allow Bluetooth serial port profile. It would be possible for someone to write an app the packed the GPS data into a NMEA stream over Bluetooth SPP.
    I don't think there is a real solution to your question, although there are some workarounds as mentioned above. Hopefully HP webOS 2.0 will bring more of that.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Most GPS apps in the catalog can display your latitude and longitude values which Google MAPS accepts.
    I also wanted to add that while this is not the most elegant of solutions it is do able as I have done it myself