1.    #1  
    we are almost at 2011 and no homebrewer develper has picked up the glove to do a callrec app for the palm pre.
    why or why???
    and don't give me the FCC routing. Just put a disclaimer and make it happen.
    i guarantee the programmer will get a lot of downloads and a lot of money.

please let me know when a brave soul offer the solution to this problem.

It worked for the treo750 it can work for the palm pre.
    Mor
    no mic api. Till that comes, it's undoable.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Its my most missed app on my centro. I understand that if our "pre" Pre 2 phones get webOS 2.0, that version will have access to the mic api.

The app that seems to be poised to accomplish this when the mic api is available is in homebrew: zcorder, but the dev has been silent as far as I know for some time and has not commented if he/she will move forward with development after webOS 2.0, in particular phone call recording.

Lets hope.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    check out zRecorder in preware.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You can record a call by using Voogle but you have to use a google voice #
  6.    #6  
    is that an option?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    That doesn't seem to exist
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeguyinc View Post
    That doesn't seem to exist
    It's called Zcorder.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    The app that seems to be poised to accomplish this when the mic api is available is in homebrew: zcorder, but the dev has been silent as far as I know for some time and has not commented if he/she will move forward with development after webOS 2.0, in particular phone call recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    It's called Zcorder.
    The OP knew that there was an app called that. I think it was just a memory glitch that caused the R to appear. I'm guessing Cantaffordit just missed the fact that zcorder was already mentioned.
    Z Corder does not record phone conversations. The Palm 755 app with MVoice was excellent. Everybody can use this app to record conversations when mobile or to recall conversations. I use it and store conversations everyday.
    It's a voice recorder not a phone converstation recorder
    The OP is looking for the same thing I've been looking for for months. A call recording solution.

I very much would like a CallRec or mVoice automatic call recording solution. We have Mic API now, don't we? Is there some technical issue standing in the way?
    Might be possible. I want to take a crack at this and see if I can test at least proof of theory for recording phone calls maybe next weekend when I get some free time.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    well if we have Zcorder(which somehow magicaly uses the mic with no "API") this could be very well posible.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!