1.    #1  
    Over christmas I will be moving from Germany to the UK and I'll take my German O2 Pre minus with me.

As far as I found in other threads I will be stuck in the German app store because I activated the phone in Germany. This would suck because I would miss out on some UK specific apps... Any workarounds without making a new profile and buying all apps again?

While I'm at it, any UK Pre users got tips on which networks are best? Looks like O2 UK got some nice data plans etc, but I'm not sure how they compare in coverage and service to German O2 (with which I was happy).

Thanks!
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    O2 are generally fine if you're in a city but they tend to be more limited out in the countryside, especially in terms of 3G coverage. Would probably be best to check out the coverage for where ever you'll be moving to, O2 have a page for it: O2 | Network Coverage | Coverage Checker and I presume the other networks will as well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Interesting point. Looks like you might get one for a couple of pounds. I just have to convince myself that I can do this job without breaking the phone :-)
    With another comm board will I be able to use the same Palm profile, but access the UK app store?
    [url]
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by whodo_voodoo View Post
    O2 are generally fine if you're in a city but they tend to be more limited out in the countryside, especially in terms of 3G coverage. Would probably be best to check out the coverage for where ever you'll be moving to, O2 have a page for it: O2 | Network Coverage | Coverage Checker and I presume the other networks will as well.
    I'll mainly be in cities, so that won't be too much of a problem, but I'll compare the different networks for best coverage. Thanks!
    [url]