1.    #1  
    Go to Phone and Dial ##3282#
    Choose Advanced
    Enter MSL
    Change Home Original Recorder, and Roam Original Vocoder to EVRC-B
    Back Gesture and restart the phone.

I have only tried on two sprint palm pre's and the change is insane. You hear everything in the background now.
    Last edited by xadjustx; 12/07/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    Go to Phone and Dial ##3282#
    Choose Advanced
    Enter MSL
    Change Home Original Recorder, and Roam Original Vocoder to EVRC-B
    Back Gesture and restart the phone.

I have only tried on two sprint palm pre's and the change is insane. You hear everything in the background now.
    Is that good or bad though? I want to hear the caller, not the background... anyone else try this?
    When I click on Home Original Vocoder, I get a pop-up box that wants the Master Subsidy Lock. Do I type in EVRC-B in this box?
  4.    #5  
    I should have mentioned you need your MSL number, you can get this from *2, or sprint chat. Just ask them for it.
    Please read the thread fully that was linked from the Android Droid problems. Per that thread EVRC-B is not supported everywhere and using it may cause your phone to be unusable in some markets (until you swtich back to 13K or EVRC.)
  6.    #7  
    If you roam and it doesn't work change it back. Where you live and most likely talk the most from shouldn't be roaming so this is a welcome change. You can leave the Roam option at 13K and be ok.
    my pre does not let those changes stick after I follow the steps perfectly.
    boo
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I can't get it to stick either. Did you get a dropdown or just type it in? Is it all lowercase like so: "evrc-b" or uppercase like: "EVRC-B"?
    Okay, so I got it to stick by just adding the "b", so it should be "evrcb".
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    sweet awesome tip works