1.    #1  
    I did the Sprint Pre Plus conversion and then had issues with bluetooth connectivity. I finally fixed mine it was a hardware issue. You will have to disassemble the phone.

The problem with mine was on the screen side where the omap board
    ( look at the tab in the red outline)
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...boardFront.jpg

went under the top cover.
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...passembled.jpg

Once I took that out I noticed that there is a thin piece of metal attached to the face
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...seupofface.jpg
    and that piece was folded over. Be very careful this piece is thin and I broke mine ( luckily I had another screen to take it off of) once I flattened that piece out and put the phone back together my bluetooth now works like it should

Good Luck
    Yes!!!!! That did the trick! Attached is a higher resolution pic of the two pieces that must make a solid connection. I've removed the little black plastic panel at the top to make it more visible. When reassembled, the metal piece on the left should be bent to press up on top tab of the OMAP board (you can see the back of the board in the picture and it should make solid contact with the metallic area I've circled).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like posts like this even tough I don't have a bluetooth problem. Thanks.
    I have wifi & bluetooth problems and both appear to be range related (only works when very close to router/bluetooth pair)

So tempted to try this, maybe this connection affects both bluetooth & wifi ??

I checked Palm Pre Teardown - iFixit But this involves a total teardown of my pre ?
    Is there a good/easier quide you can point me to get to this metal bit ?
    The wifi and bluetooth are both on the OMAP board (as seen on step 23 of the iFixit teardown), so it's a possibility that this disconnection is affecting both.

Did you do a disassembly already that you think may have caused the problem? If not, and you're still under warranty, you're probably better off just exchanging it. This is a pretty involved fix and will definitely void the warranty. If you still want to try it, you need to go thru at least step 16 of the iFixit disassembly. You need to get a look at the top left section of the display half (the section on the left half of the second pic of step 16). To get a really good look, you'll need to pry off the small black plastic cover at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Did you do a disassembly already that you think may have caused the problem? If not, and you're still under warranty, you're probably better off just exchanging it.
    No, havent done anything major yet. But I think I have dropped my pre far too may times and attempted fiddling with the slider for the oreo effect. This may have contributed to the connectivity issue. Plus this is a eBay pre, so warranty is not a big concern for me.

BTW, in your cases, the bluetooth was failing in what way?. Not at all working or intermittent connection/range/dropped ?
    Last edited by FunkiBluDawg; 12/05/2010 at 12:07 PM.
  7.    #7  
    mine was intermitent. If I had the pre in my hand it would have some static. If I put it in the holster that was on my pants pocket it would disconnect. If I was sitting down and put it under my leg it would disconnect.. It might be wishful thinking on my part but I do believe that I have a better wifi range as well... By the way I am not one of those people that sags my pants so far down that it looks like I got a load in there and makes me walk like I forgot to wipe.. So my pocket is normal distance away from my bluetooth
    Mine was definitely much shorter range. I had to hold my phone in my hand to maintain a signal. Putting the phone in my jacket pocket would be enough to interrupt or drop the bluetooth connection. I didn't notice a problem with wifi myself, but my wifi is really closeby.
    I have now Stripped it down twice fully but no apparent change to my wifi/bluetooth woes.
    I even did a bit of "paper engineering" to make sure the metal clip bit sits tight on the terminal..but no diffrerence.

Good news is that the Pre still works !

Something I noticed. Disconnecting the 2 wires (black & white) on the comms board make no difference to my wifi reception bars.. It was 1 bar..after disconnecct still one bar. Wifi still worked with the wires disconnected.. Maybe some clue here too ?
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    I have now Stripped it down twice fully but no apparent change to my wifi/bluetooth woes.
    I even did a bit of "paper engineering" to make sure the metal clip bit sits tight on the terminal..but no diffrerence.

Good news is that the Pre still works !

Something I noticed. Disconnecting the 2 wires (black & white) on the comms board make no difference to my wifi reception bars.. It was 1 bar..after disconnecct still one bar. Wifi still worked with the wires disconnected.. Maybe some clue here too ?
    I believe the two wires on the comm board help with the GPS and with the cellular signal. The wifi and the bluetooth chips are on the OMAP board, so it would have to be some connection to it that's been broken. On the back of the OMAP board are five little metal squares (two of which you can see in my earlier picture) that I think line up with the metal tabs on the back of the display (one of which you can see in my earlier picture). I had also previously pulled up a little on each of those five tabs to make sure the connections were solid and nothing was in their way (although I haven't verified the negative effects of blocking those connections).

Do you have signs of anything else that is wrong, or is it only the wifi/bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Do you have signs of anything else that is wrong, or is it only the wifi/bluetooth?
    Nope, these are the only 2 things which are winding me up. Wifi only works when very close to router & Bluetooth (car kit) keeps dropping the connection..both range related.
    I read that the white wire is gps & black is for wifi.

I used to blame the 1.4 update for breaking these things..but no help from Palm to resolve this.

Maybe I will live with this.. (i.e use my wife's "low end" xperia x10 mini pro for wifi).
    if you need some more reference photos check out my link where i resolved my wifi issue

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hit-floor.html
    Last edited by larryflynt2k; 03/05/2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: link issue