1.    #1  
    Hello folks. Well after not jumping in even though I bought my Pre near launch I decided to get into the homebrew pot. Thanks to jailbreaking my ipod touch not too long ago I felt a little less aprehensive about it. And the setup was pretty clean. Anyways I have some patches and homebrew apps installed and my Pre's working fine. So I figure why not try one of the things that bugs every Pre owner. Getting up the speed.

I've looked around a bit but for some reason if you go to say the 800 MHz post it says Dieter's removed it. Don't know whats going on there. If someone can point me to an established thread of how to get an 800 MHZ overclock up and running I'd be thankful.
  2.    #3  
    I've been following it. I have the "Govnah" application loaded onto my phone. As for what drives the states, Uber-Kernal. I can't find it on Quick Install whereas Govnah was there. Its not on Preware either
    Hi Treyster,

Doesn't sound like you've followed all the directions. Installing the Govnah app is only half the battle. You also need to install the Uberkernal (which is the actual kernal that the Govnah controls).

You can also follow this thread if the above doesn't help you for some reason:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rclocking.html

I would suggest, that if you have trouble after reading both of those threads to not overclock your device.
  4.    #5  
    Nevermind. Found it, under Kernal in "Available Other" in Preware. The option a guide a read for homebrew said to turn off. Huh. Anyways. Lets see now....
    UberKernal should definitely be in Preware... Not sure why it isn't showing up for you.

<edit> Oh, you found it.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  6.    #7  
    Yeah. In the homebrew guide under how to set up Preware it said to turn some select options on but said to turn "Available Other" OFF. So thats how the section along with its kernal sub-section wasn't available for me. Anyways, right now it just finished downloading and my Pre's re-springing Luna. Far as I got off the link cantafford posted "Uber-Kernal" lets me choose among different sets of options for how my phone runs when the screens on and off right?
    Ok... good.. glad you found it. You will definitely see a smoother functioning device with that running.

Quote Originally Posted by Treyster View Post
    ...Far as I got off the link cantafford posted "Uber-Kernal" lets me choose among different sets of options for how my phone runs when the screens on and off right?
    No... the Uberkernal is the actual kernal. The Govnah app is what allows you to control the different states. There are a few preset states in there. I would suggest using the "screenstate" preset which will lower your processor speed when the screen is off, and raise it when the screen is on.
    Personally, I stay at "Screenstate 500/800". I've never had any problems and I've been overclocking for a long time.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  9.    #10  
    Wow. I'm impressed. You can see the difference 800 MHz makes right from the getgo(I pressed 500/1000 accidently before toying with 500/800, crazy stuff. But I'm not willing to take the risk. Atleast untill I decide to upgrade. Waiting for the summer. Hopefully there's a feature packed Android or even, fingers crossed, a blow-your pants off Web OS phone by then). And yeah, screenstate 500/800 seems like a safe bet from what people have been saying. Its only been a few minutes and I feel a bit angry at myself that I hadn't done this untill just now even though I've had this phone for over a year.
    Note that the Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the app catalog fully explains all about overclocking in easy to follow instructions, and it guaranteed to be up to date (unlike most guides or forum threads which quickly become obsolete and are never updated).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that the Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the app catalog fully explains all about overclocking in easy to follow instructions, and it guaranteed to be up to date (unlike most guides or forum threads which quickly become obsolete and are never updated).

-- Rod
    Sorry about forgetting to mention that, Rod! Definitely a must-have for anyone/everyone using Preware.