1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

Longtime reader, first time poster here.

I am having issues with my Sprint Pre regarding the incoming call options. I recently partially erased my Pre, and ever since, whenever I receive an incoming call, I no longer get the green "call in progress" screen, with options to put on speakerphone/keypad/etc. The screen shows up as the blue "sky" screen and does not go away. Has anyone else had this problem? It's really annoying since (1) I can't put incoming calls into speakerphone mode and (2) I can't end a call unless the other person hangs up.

For your reference, I am running webOS 1.4.5 on Sprint, and I did not have this issue before I partially erased my phone (to fix the "unable to text certain numbers" issue). I also do not have this issue for outgoing calls.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    It sounds like a file may be corrupted. I suggest trying the WebOS Repair Utility, to see if that fixes the problem.

Do you have patches on your phone?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    I have the same patches I had before, which is kind of why I was hoping to avoid having to reinstall everything. The Repair Utility won't actually erase anything, right? I'll give it a shot.
    Nope, the Repair Utility simply compares your phone's files against the files in the Doctor to find/replace any missing/corrupt files. It won't touch your USB partition.
    but if the repair utility does not catch the issue you may need to run the rpair utility in override compatibility mode and that will remove all patches but thats it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone. Looks like Repair Utility didn't find the problem/issue - would using the Override Compatibility mode be similar to a straight partial erase? Or would it only remove my patches? Just thinking about different options involving various degrees of painfulness.
    One suggestion is that you might add a Theme dialer screen to your phone. I have a theme called blue dialer that replaces the palm phone keypad screen with a blue one.

I don't know if this would work but I wouldn't hurt to try.

Hope this helps
  8.    #8  
    Looks like something I did fixed it...I tried looking at if maybe some of the patches I had on there were causing the issue, even if they hadn't caused any issues before.

I removed any patches that I had on the dialer itself (which was only the haptic feedback one) but that didn't seem to make a difference.

With that patch removed, I realized that the incoming call issue only created a problem when coming from the lock screen - if the phone was already unlocked, I didn't have the problem anymore (not sure if this was the case at the time of my first post).

Focusing my search on anything lock screen related, I tried disabling the time-out (set to "Never") and my issue was gone. Since I need the screen time-out, I set the time back to 1 min, and of course my issue was back. Then I realized that the only patch I have dealing with the lock screen is the "Bypass PIN" patch...I took it off, and viola my issue was gone. I also decided to re-install the patch, and the new install doesn't seem to cause any issues either.