1.    #1  
    Guys, can anyone help me on this?

My messaging application stops working...whenever i try to open the messaging app using the icon, it jz stays there unopen...i am still able to open any other cards and everything else seems to work as normal...

i am able to send sms by using the 'send sms' from my contacts, but the only page i could not access is my inbox main page...

tried to restart my phone for few times and it did not work..
    Have you tried the WebOS Repair Utility? Sounds like a file might have gotten corrupted.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It sounds like you may have a corrupt file. Try this to repair it: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    have you tried the webos repair utility? Sounds like a file might have gotten corrupted.
    gmta!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Check if you have any messaging patches that coul cause this and remove them.
    Or just try EPR.
  6.    #6  
    okie..thanks for the fast response guys...will try it out later ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    gmta!
    Absolutely!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #8  
    oh great, already run the webos repair utility once, and restored the changed file...but still cannot open my messaging card..

Nw i wil scan again and see how...
  9.    #9  
    The inaccessibility of my inbox is due to a long chinese language SMS!!

Nothing to do v corruptued files n watsoever..

Its funny coz i might meet v this problem in the future if the same chinese character appeared again in my message..and i doubt palm will ever hv this fixed because none is needed over there??hahaha...blame myself for choosing palm over Iphone and became a nerd who uses a handphone that nobody knows in my country

Thanks for all the help anyway!...solved my problem by using SQLLITE to delete tat chinese message from the com..
    Quote Originally Posted by chaukian View Post
    The inaccessibility of my inbox is due to a long chinese language SMS!!

Nothing to do v corruptued files n watsoever..

Its funny coz i might meet v this problem in the future if the same chinese character appeared again in my message..and i doubt palm will ever hv this fixed because none is needed over there??hahaha...blame myself for choosing palm over Iphone and became a nerd who uses a handphone that nobody knows in my country

Thanks for all the help anyway!...solved my problem by using SQLLITE to delete tat chinese message from the com..

i can confirm it's the chinese character it's happened to me.

the easy solution is to use universal search and type the person's name and sms icon on their number. their convo will come up and then you delete from there and back to the message list and delete their entire convo.

chris
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    i can confirm it's the chinese character it's happened to me.

the easy solution is to use universal search and type the person's name and sms icon on their number. their convo will come up and then you delete from there and back to the message list and delete their entire convo.

chris
    Does Palm know?
    probably not... what can we do?

i have so much to tell palm.

guy from Nam, u live in vietnam?
    The same thing just happen to my wife's pre.
    Just happened to me too, BUT I have been having Chinese SMS coming in and out for a while now, so why has it not have had this problem before?? Very strange indeed....
    After following Chris' methods, the messaging came back after a while, though I can no longer see the older stuff on it, need to type in a character to see the older threads.....
    I suspect it is not only because of Chinese characters, I have been getting & sending both simplified and non-sim for a while.... it may also have to do with the size of the files..... both contributing to the problems.....

Some threads I have ARE LONG........

Any thoughts???
    I've had this happen to me a couple of times. The first time was due to a long SMS comprised of about 200+ chinese characters. The second was a long SMS with special characters (hearts and other webdings-esque stuff).

For me, I've been doing the following to rectify the issue:
    (1) Using Internalz to copy my database.db3 file to a readable folder in USB mode
    (2) Using SQLite Database Browser's "Browse Data" view to view
    (3) Finding the cell that's causing the problem, and then clearing the data in that cell.
    (4) Save the modified database file
    (5) Use Internalz to re-copy the modified file back to var/luna/data/database folder

This is off the top of my head at the moment. I might have missed out some info.