1.    #1  
    I just got my ATT Palm Pre Plus yesterday. Everything is going great, except I can't seem to sync playlists. I've read all the syncing threads, and I've tried Windows Media Player, Winamp, and Songbird. I have successfully synced songs, and I have even successfully moved Playlist files (both WMP and Winamp formats) to the Pre+ through the USB, but the playlist tab in the Music app continues to say "There are no items in this category." It seems these options have worked for other people, so I must be doing something wrong. Any clues?
    Same issue here
    Quote Originally Posted by mglaster View Post
    I just got my ATT Palm Pre Plus yesterday. Everything is going great, except I can't seem to sync playlists. I've read all the syncing threads, and I've tried Windows Media Player, Winamp, and Songbird. I have successfully synced songs, and I have even successfully moved Playlist files (both WMP and Winamp formats) to the Pre+ through the USB, but the playlist tab in the Music app continues to say "There are no items in this category." It seems these options have worked for other people, so I must be doing something wrong. Any clues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
    Same issue here
    You need this: MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    did my post get deleted?

I suggested that you play the video on your computer to determine whether the problem is in recording or playback.

also, are you overclocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    You need this:MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter
    Thanks a bunch, I'll check it out right away. Tho' it is sad that all other possibilities don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did my post get deleted?

I suggested that you play the video on your computer to determine whether the problem is in recording or playback.

also, are you overclocking?
    I think you're searching in the wrong thread for your post
    chances are the path to your music in your playlists are wrong. You have to make sure they are relative to your pre and not your windows. for instance if music is in your My Music folder on windows and then you copy it over your pre to a folder called music. Then when you make the playlist on your computer it will read something like

C:\(path to MyDocuments)\My Documents\My Music\song name.mp3

when you move the playlist to your pre it has to read

/media/internal/music/song name.mp3

(notice those are forward slashes / not back slashes \)

its a little confusing but once you understand what is going on it is very easy.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm trying Media Monkey, and also making sure the playlist paths match the Pre file paths.
    Media Monkey worked for me!
    Thanks a lot!
  9.    #9  
    So I've downloaded MediaMonkey, plugged in my Pre, chose "USB" setting, and I'm expecting the Pre to show up on the left hand side as a device. It is showing up as the K: drive under the "My Computer" tab, but if I choose the "Send to Portable Device" button, it says "No active device has been detected. Please reconnect or reconfigure etc." I reconnect, I reconfigure, nothing changes.
    Try media-syncronisation with the Pre and not as a USB-Device. I did that and my Pre showed up on Media Monkey as a "Palm Pre". Everything worked straight away.
  11.    #11  
    Is Media Sync the button they did away with when they went from the Pre to the Pre Plus?
    I wouldn't know, got a pre- here. Sorry.
    no that is the little center button. media sync is like usb mode but different. sometimes its not activated. go to device info then in the option menu there is an option to enable media sync mode. then when you plug your device into a usb port it will give you the option for media sync mode.
  14.    #14  
    Victory!!! Thanks, everybody!