1.    #1  
    Remember to manually "backup" your palm profile before and after any procedure that requires you to resign back into your palm profile. Go to your (backup) application and press back up now. This is to make sure all your info is save on your palm profile.

Cheers,
    Last edited by RUSH; 11/09/2010 at 08:09 AM. Reason: fix typo...
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    any procedure that requires you to resign back into your palm profile
    That would be an erase or a doctor?
    Why would you press the Backup button directly after that?

Apologies if I don't understand you correctly.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 11/09/2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: minus the p
    always back up right before you doctor, or if your parranoid about about loseing info , you can hit the back everytime you add a new contact or change info in phone . But not after you have already signed into your palm profile .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    That would be an erase or a doctor?
    Why would you press the Backup button directly after that?

Apologies if I don't understand you correctly.
    Explanation: Palm backup application is a tool that was created to save your info on palm's backup server. This operation can be perform before, or after any erase of your palm profile. The backup tool should backup all your info each day, however, that doesn't seem to be the case for most users. This is why a manual backup is necessary before and after doctoring, or a full or partial erase. I hope I've explain it a lot better.
    I'm sorry, but
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I'm sorry, but
    Why are you sorry? Don't be. We should be sorry that Hp haven't giving us the "High End" phone yet. Now that's something to be sorry about.
    Explanation: Palm backup application is a tool that was created to save your info on palm's backup server. This operation can be perform before, or after any erase of your palm profile. The backup tool should backup all your info each day, however, that doesn't seem to be the case for most users. This is why a manual backup is necessary before and after doctoring, or a full or partial erase. I hope I've explain it a lot better.
    Yes, you have. Thanks.
    Your info (and thereby your Tip) is incorrect though. Please refer to post 3 for the correct info regarding this.
    Why are you sorry? Don't be. We should be sorry that Hp haven't giving us the "High End" phone yet. Now that's something to be sorry about.
    Oh no, I just meant that's what I wanted to do when I found this super informative thread.
    What is youre definition of "High End"? My Pre is "High End"... Maybe you need Preware
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes, you have. Thanks.
    Your info (and thereby your Tip) is incorrect though. Please refer to post 3 for the correct info regarding this.
    I would have to disagree. I've stated on how someone can use the backup app, I've done this procedure several times. Sometimes the practical shows a different result than the actual theory.
    I would have to disagree. I've stated on how someone can use the backup app, I've done this procedure several times. Sometimes the practical shows a different result than the actual theory.
    This is not a matter of opinion; it's not a matter of preference.
    This is a matter of fact.

Please thank forum member Shadavis08's correct post at #3. (Delight33's will do just fine as well.) Thanks for your kind cooperation.
    Rush...the problem is your bizarre-o limericks can be easy to misinterpret ;-)

...Sometimes the practical shows a different result than the actual theory.
    So far as I can tell Rush is reminding us that the auto backup, at times for some users, may not backup every 24hrs as it is supposed to. Therefor you may want to do so manually before a Doctor/Erase.

Lets end this before it goes where it's going
    <<Thread Closed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic