1.    #1  
    how do I do this? airplane mode? I'm traveling to Eur. and would like to use the Pre to access the web via wifi, but i don't want to rack up any data charges or phone usage charges??
    Thanks
    First turn Airplane Mode on and then Wifi.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    ^^^yup!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    What he said
    I leave my pre on airplane mode with just wifi for a few days at a time and their are a few drawbacks to this that I've noticed just as a heads-up. It can effect your phone's clock because it doesn't have connection to a cellular tower. Especially if your battery completely dies, once you recharge, you'll probably have the incorrect time displaying. Not a BIG deal, but in my experience, when I loaded up an application that uses the clock function (facebook and twitter) it wasn't giving me the most up-to-date posts. It said that posts from a few hours (or sometimes days) ago where the most recent posts. I turned airplane mode off and that issue went away, but just something to be aware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMiele View Post
    I leave my pre on airplane mode with just wifi for a few days at a time and their are a few drawbacks to this that I've noticed just as a heads-up. It can effect your phone's clock because it doesn't have connection to a cellular tower. Especially if your battery completely dies, once you recharge, you'll probably have the incorrect time displaying. Not a BIG deal, but in my experience, when I loaded up an application that uses the clock function (facebook and twitter) it wasn't giving me the most up-to-date posts. It said that posts from a few hours (or sometimes days) ago where the most recent posts. I turned airplane mode off and that issue went away, but just something to be aware of.
    You'll want to use the Clock Sync app to remedy this.