1.    #1  
    Tip: plug in your phone to the wall charger & pull the battery while phone is still on. Then quickly replace the battery & unplug the phone from the charger. The battery level will change to the new battery level. This eliminates going through the long boot process of the pre upon changing the battery.
    Global Posts
    888 Global Posts
    That's a very good tip, except for one thing...

If I'm changing my battery out, it's usually because I don't have access to a charger.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    That's a very good tip, except for one thing...

If I'm changing my battery out, it's usually because I don't have access to a charger.
    some of us have two batteries or more. I put one on my old centro to charge. I don't like leaving my phone on the charger because I move around alot. It's easier for me to just swap out my batt & keep it moving. but this method eliminates the 5 min wait for the reboot. it's not for everyone but it may help someone.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Thought of trying this a long time ago (read: when I first got my Pre) with my Centro battery. But was too chicken. Glad you took the plunge, and it all worked out.

Thanks!
    I use my centro this way, but I also bought an external charger. PC offers one that will charge the phone while also charging a second battery.
    Never been able to pull this off - the phone always seems to restart anyway. Guess I'm not quick enough with the switch.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have three batteries, and swap them around, and an external charger which I like.
    Sometimes swapping them works, sometimes it doesn't.
    this is a cool tip. Could go forever without powering down now.

however, my battery in my phone didn't charge last night. I rebooted the phone, then it started charging. So I think you'll still want to reboot your phone every once in a wile.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yup, this works very well. Easier with wall charge than USB. Also, I can't get it to work with a Pixi, curiously.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Tip: plug in your phone to the wall charger & pull the battery while phone is still on. Then quickly replace the battery & unplug the phone from the charger. The battery level will change to the new battery level. This eliminates going through the long boot process of the pre upon changing the battery.
    Not a great idea, webOS reads some information out from the battery as capacity and age. If you do it this way you risk your batteries as your Pre may not know the real capacity of your batteries.

This is specially important if you use several batteries with different capacity.

Check somline's thread on battery calibration.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg