1.    #1  
    Hi there!

After searching this forum unsuccessfully for a similar post I have decided to open a new thread.

Me and my Girlfriend have two Palm Pre, each with touchstone, cable and A/C.

So, if I try to charge my Pre on my Touchstone, there comes the message "loading" and the Batt-Icon has the yellow flash.
    Unfortunately, my palm then behaves strangely:
    It seems not to be loading, and if I remove it from the Touchstone the yellow flash does not disappear. The Pre is running (I can read emails, etc.), but seems to be stuck in some kind of loading-cycle...
    Only after a reboot the yellow flash disappears.

I was once able to charge my Pre via Touchstone until I Homebrewed it...So I tried to reset it with the Doctor, but am not able to charge it on the TS anymore :-(

Charging via Cable is ok.

I tested my Pre on my GFs Touchstone with her cable and AC. It does not work.
    My GFs Pre charges ok on her and mine Touchstone.
    I have changed our Backplates with no positive result, both Backplates seem to work on the other phone, but not on mine.
    I checked the Battery-contacts...they are ok.

So I have no idea what to try next.

Hope someone can give me a little help!
    Thanx 4 reading!!!
    try yr gf's battery in your pre,,just for the hell of it.
    ...That seems like their is a problem with the phone itself. Run a diagnostic test on it.. to see if the phone is defective. Device menu > more info, and run quick and interactive tests. If their is any problem found then I'd suggest take or send in the phone for repair or a replacement.

Note! You could also run a webos repair utility on the device: http://discussion.treocentral.com/ca...ty-v2-1-a.html.

regards,
  4.    #4  
    Thank you!

Ive changed batteries with no effect. :-(

So I have run the suggested hardware-tests and the Pre/Touchstone-test showed "ok". BUT: Afterwards I had the same charging-flash-icon that never goes away when taking the Pre off the Stond. A second Test afterwards for the Stone did not complete...

Im completely puzzled now.

Now Im running the WebOSRepairUtility and will post my results!
  5.    #5  
    Hi, Im back with the results of WebOSRepairUtility!

No errors or modified files were found.

So I have tried the Doctor with an older Version (1.4.1) and afterwards created a completely new profile.

The Touchstone-Test within PalmPre completes successfully, but only one time - and the Pre does not charge.

Tested with 2 Backplates, Accus, Touchstones, A/C, and Cable.

if you have changed out everything but the phone, then there is a problem in the touchstone mechanism somewhere in the phone. Is it still under warranty? Sounds like replacement is the next step.
    Quote Originally Posted by onesong1234 View Post
    Hi, Im back with the results of WebOSRepairUtility!

No errors or modified files were found.

So I have tried the Doctor with an older Version (1.4.1) and afterwards created a completely new profile.

The Touchstone-Test within PalmPre completes successfully, but only one time - and the Pre does not charge.

Tested with 2 Backplates, Accus, Touchstones, A/C, and Cable.

Don't be puzzled... this is no fault of yours, you can either call and notify your phone company about your problem, or better yet.. return the phone for a replacement.

Good luck.

[i]--Sent from my pre2
  8.    #8  
    Thank you all for your help!

Ill try to get my Pre repaired at Palm.

Best Regards
    onesong1234
    Quote Originally Posted by onesong1234 View Post
    Thank you all for your help!

Ill try to get my Pre repaired at Palm.

Best Regards
    onesong1234
    if it's still in warranty, call the carrier.
    I actually have the same problem. If I put the Pre back on the Touchstone and take it off again, it comes back (stops thinking it's always on the touchstone). Now it only happens intermittently for me, but it does happen. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it since I'm running a Sprint Pre Plus. Oh well. It's not a horrible thing, just annoying. Have you tried putting it back on the touchstone then picking it back up? Try it a few times at different speeds and angles. Good luck!
    Hi onesong1234, Hi SirataXero,

i bought a GSM Palm Pre for my wife on eBay (Germany) a few days back and have the same problem: Yellow flash of the charging symbol does not disappear after i charge via touchstone (after that problems also occurs with USB cable until i reboot).

As i have a second (perfectly working) palm i investigated what could be the problem:
    - i replaced the battery ==> didn't help
    - i replaced touchstone back cover ==> didn't help
    - i charged my own palm with touchstone ==> everything OK, so touchstone is not the problem.

So indeed the Palm Pre itself in combination with the Touchstone back cover seems to be the problem! It seems that some kind of "sensitivity level" is not adjusted properly on some Pres...

Regards,
    Marcel