1.    #1  
    Its your first cousin here.

I spent hours listening to advice and most of it was wrong you need a combination of files to get this going listed below will be the files you need after you get your webosquick install ready (if you can connect your pre you're probally using vista find a xp computer- nova doesn't play nicely with vista but it can work)

So here's how to do it download these files and make sure to enable ip fowarding in freethther make sure you get my version numbers some of the ones listed elsewhere wont work!!!!

You need them ALLLL!!!!

freetherther 0.01
    mobile hotspot 1.0.14
    auto enable ip forwaring 1.4.5
    tetherd 0.0.3

the links for these are in other post
    once you have that prepare to surf

I got mine working on my ipad!
    Please forgive my ignorance. I am very new to this forum and the palm pre. I have followed others instructions ( ttp://palmpre-hacks.com/palm-pre-hacks/how-to-install-verizon-mobile-hotspot-on-your-palm-pre/ )on how to get the hot spot app working on my sprint pre. I do have the app and i can connect to the hotspot with my PC but i am still unable to load any web pages. what am i doing wrong? Please help. I have invested so much time into this "hot spot" without success. I feel like i'm so close but very frustrated.

p.s. when doing a forum search for the files you listed above, the only threads it shows is this one. Can you be more specific on how to find these files If thats what i need.

Thank you VERY MUCH
    i had to remove the "H" from http:/ in the link above because i'm not allowed to post links becuase i am such a new user
    there are no links to add an H to lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmsfirstcousin View Post
    You need them ALLLL!!!!

freetherther 0.01
    mobile hotspot 1.0.14
    auto enable ip forwaring 1.4.5
    tetherd 0.0.3
    Meh, if you know where to look you only need 3 files (installed in the order listed)

Mobile HotSpot 1.1.4
    Auto-Enable IP Forwarding (MHS 1.1.4 compatible)
    freetetherd (found in WebOS Quick Install and Preware)
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Meh, if you know where to look you only need 3 files (installed in the order listed)

Mobile HotSpot 1.1.4
    Auto-Enable IP Forwarding (MHS 1.1.4 compatible)
    freetetherd (found in WebOS Quick Install and Preware)
    You're absolutely correct NachoB. I only use those and it works fine for me.
    Most of the links in the How to install MHS' thread except the mobile hotspot 1.0.14 (the actual app). Sprint and Palm made a big stink about having it available to this forum (and others) so Precentral took it down to keep the peace. It's still available throughout the net you just have to search for it.....but it still out there. Also I was having issues with my Sprint MHS and using all the above posted patches helped alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad90lx View Post
    ...( ttp://palmpre-hacks.com/palm-pre-hacks/how-to-install-verizon-mobile-hotspot-on-your-palm-pre/ )...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad90lx View Post
    i had to remove the "H" from http:/ in the link above because i'm not allowed to post links becuase i am such a new user
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    there are no links to add an H to lol
    LOL Indeed