1.    #1  
    Hello, a friend of mine has an iTouch and uses an application called Real Phone Tracker which enables him to enter a cell phone number into the app and it shows there current location as long as their phone has navigation turned on.

Is there a similar GPS app for the Palm Pre?

Thanks!
    Your friends application is possible a scam. There isnt an app that just gives a location of any phone based on their number. Maybe all the iPhones do that, but im sure thats not possible for an app to do.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  3.    #3  
    Nope it's real. I have scene it work. We tested it on several of our friends cell numbers and what it did was basically do what google maps does on our phone but with the phone number you enter.....

So i know for a fact it's possible. He even did my phone number while I was with him and it got within 2 blocks of my location which was amazing. This was on an Itouch he has. He has a lot of ripped apps he didn't pay for and this one said something about hitting secure location servers when it was looking up the cell numbers location which made me think it might be using some kind of law enforcements server? I am not sure how it worked but it def. worked and I saw it first hand hense me looking for a similar app on my Pre lol...
    There's an app like this in our app catalog. Does the same prank as the one your friend's does. You put in any number, and it GPSs your own location, so if you're showing your friend who's right next to you and you put in their number, they think it really works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    There's an app like this in our app catalog. Does the same prank as the one your friend's does. You put in any number, and it GPSs your own location, so if you're showing your friend who's right next to you and you put in their number, they think it really works.
    Exactly...obviously you're all in the same location lol.

is your friend Ashton Kutcher by chance?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post

we did a couple of numbers one happened to be mine when I was next to him and another was his girlfriend which showed her in another city which is where she was.

I tested it just now with my girlfriends cell number and it showed her 2 blocks away from her work location which is not where I was when I looked her up.. Not sure why this is so hard to believe. I am sure there are pranks but this worked...
    Last edited by sranda03; 10/07/2010 at 12:56 PM.
  9.    #9  
    [QUOTE=ehehat;2696906]Google is your friend:
    /QUOTE]

this is not the same app.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    We tried other cell numbers of friends who were in a different city then us and it worked. I stated clearly I tried it with friends cell phone numbers and cell phone numbers in our office and everything came back within 2 blocks of each persons location. I am not making this up, I saw it first hand. My girlfriend works about 50 miles from the location I was in and it pinpointed her location within 1 block of her job where she was at that morning and my friend at work has no idea where my girlfriend works. So explain that if it's a prank
    Quote Originally Posted by sranda03 View Post
    We tried other cell numbers of friends who were in a different city then us and it worked. I stated clearly I tried it with friends cell phone numbers and cell phone numbers in our office and everything came back within 2 blocks of each persons location. I am not making this up, I saw it first hand. My girlfriend works about 50 miles from the location I was in and it pinpointed her location within 1 block of her job where she was at that morning and my friend at work has no idea where my girlfriend works. So explain that if it's a prank
    Ok, first, i believe its not even legally possible for an apps to be able to pinpoint locations via phone numbers. I mean, if they all have google latitude and their numbers are on their google profile, then i'll understand....But number location pinpoint is seemingly impossible for an application to pull off. In that case, if you even lose your phone, just go to your friend and he'll help you find exactly where its at. Either you're deeply exaggeration (no disrespect) or your friend just spoofed the heck out of you, some way or another lol. For the heck of it, i might just give you my number so your friend can find my location. Take a screenshot and text it to me. i'll logout of google latitude before i do that too.

12.    #12  
    I think you guys are right... It randomly picked locations within our vacinity I am assuming because my girl was working where we were and picked a spot that was closer to her then our current location so I am assuming it just added 50 miles from our location to make it look like it found her and luckily hit a close area. I just had him try my other cell which is at home and it was way off... Sorry guys, I guess I was wrong but it def. fooled me by luckily getting close to my girl friends number when i gave it to him to enter.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=sranda03;2697725]
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Google is your friend:
    /QUOTE]

this is not the same app.
    No but a quick google search will show ALL the apps that say they do this are "Pranks". Doing a search for "Real Phone Tracker" didnt bring up anything which tells me it is in the same category...prank.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre