1.    #1  
    I have found my new favourite bit of software for managing and syncing music to my pre.

I tried songbird and mediamonkey but did not really like them. I then stumbled across MusicBee and gave it a try.

It's fantastic and free! It even transcodes my mp3s to aac+ as it syncs. All of this using the MTP mode and "Media Sync" option on the Pre.

Give it a try, it's the best one I have found.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenkian View Post
    It's fantastic and free! It even transcodes my mp3s to aac+ as it syncs.
    Why would you want to transcode a lossy compressed file to another format?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Why would you want to transcode a lossy compressed file to another format?
    Because I only have a measly 6.6GB on my phone without an SD card slot

I don't mind trading space for a little loss in sound quality, but obviously it's better to rip the CD's directly to aac+
    That make sense. I'll have to try it out.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Two hours in, I am already convinced, that it will replace media monkey on my PC. It's not as resource intensive (triple plus in my book of antiquated laptops) and many things I had to configure and enhance MM with (crossfading/scrobbling anyone?)just work better out of the box.

Annex: Yeah, something just had to happen shortly after posting this. Mass-Tagging MP3s + Crossfading is not a good idea.
    Last edited by THL; 09/23/2010 at 08:01 AM.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Help I have music bee, the song are there when I look through music-bee & I can play them on my CPU in the music-bee app. Yet when I disconnect my Pre from the CPU my music-player says I have no songs. I am using the Music player remix (not the 2.0 version, the one before that). do i need to use the original Music player or another app to find and play the songs. I used the aac format to save space on the Pre if that helps anyone. No Mass-Tagging or anything else. Just downloaded the codecs and converted and synced the music, nothing else special.