1.    #1  
    k, i got this theme that i somehow got installed. it was love @ 1st site.
    Super Glass Icons (Ani) Palm Pre Theme @ PreThemer

there was some kind of webos update today & my theme is gone..... well parts of it. i have tried everything......well, everything but the thing that will work.
    mass frustration n headaches later; i am crying out for help.
    see, the quick launch thingy just doesn't work for me. it says it can't find my device. but; i get the little screen that indicates exchange of data. it just never goes away. & i can't close it out. i have to restart to get rid of it.
    restart the computer; same thing. disconnect phone, restart computer; same thing. however i got it the 1st time; i did NOT get it w/that installer thingy.
    i just want that beautamous theme back. i made a sweet *** wallpaper to go with it. the phone dialer bg is rain...i mean how cool is that?!
    ANY help would be appreciated. thanks soo much guys.
    Hi nunyabiz, and Welcome to the P|C forums!

Leaving a theme on a device during an OS update is a no-no... causes many issues. Your best bet will most likely be a visit to the Doctor to get a fresh install of 1.4.5.
  3.    #3  
    i didn't do anything. the phone just said something was updating when i turned it on today. it did it automatically. it rebooted after & my stuff was partially gone. it doesn't show up in any searches.; but part of it is still there.
    I see you're new here. In the future, you should always visit these boards to keep track of when updates are released. There are also several threads that tell you what should be removed prior to letting the update happen on your phone.

What happened is you didn't keep track, nor pay attention to the warnings about themes. The 1.4.5 update is out and if you don't do it after a week or so, Palm forces the update to your phone.

So, just letting you know that in the future, you'll want to be more careful. In the meantime, you should follow the advice you were already given and do a doctor to fix the issues.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I am very new at this, and I am liking all the positive comments on here. I am, however, having two problems getting the program off the floor. One my Pre PLus simply will not connect. I checked and made sure to switch modes, and I have. Still every time I run WebOS Quick Install the phone will not connect. I even try switching it to USB style charge on the phone. Second when I go into the instructions for getting started the WebOS Internals Feed (all) is different than from the instructions. Can someone help me with these issues?
    Okay, did you turn on developed mode? Are you using just charge?

Next, you want the feed for the Pre, not just the all feed. The all feed is different, because it only lists stuff that works on both the Pre and the Pixi.
    Do you have Preware installed, yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjwarbin View Post
    I am very new at this, and I am liking all the positive comments on here. I am, however, having two problems getting the program off the floor. One my Pre PLus simply will not connect. I checked and made sure to switch modes, and I have. Still every time I run WebOS Quick Install the phone will not connect. I even try switching it to USB style charge on the phone. Second when I go into the instructions for getting started the WebOS Internals Feed (all) is different than from the instructions. Can someone help me with these issues?
    Are you in developer mode.. Type webos20090606. Do you have novacomd enable. Do you have java 1.6 or later running on your PC. Report back after checking that these things are all functioning. The phone should be in "Just charge mode"
  9.    #9  
    thanks 4 the info. I fixed it. Basically, the way I fix everything:don't stop till it does what I want. I've only had the thing for 4 days or so. No clue that it would b so ' computerish'. With system updates n such. I will certainly keep an eye on the updates.... Or take it back n get my 'dumb' phone reactivated. It didn't require baby sitting, AND it recognized 'Rs'.
    Last edited by nunyabiz; 09/19/2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: phone doesn't recognize 'Rs' without assistance.
    THE GODZ ARE ROCK N ROLL MACHINES