1.    #1  
    I know about different ringers for different contacts. Is there a way to get a 'generic' ring for sms, gtalk, facebook chat, so that I can tell where it's coming from?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I know about different ringers for different contacts. Is there a way to get a 'generic' ring for sms, gtalk, facebook chat, so that I can tell where it's coming from?
    I believe you can customize your ringer notification in each of the above mention.
    Don't think so. There's only one setting for tones and at the account level there isn't such a setting.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    SMS Tone Per Contact will give you the ability to set a different tone by contact for SMS. Otherwise, since they all use the Messaging app, they'll all use the same notification sound.
  5.    #5  
    Wasn't the answer I was looking for... maybe I'll ask for a patch.(But thanks for trying)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel