Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Ran into issues with my WiFi Disconnected trigger today. The wifi is too buggy to be reliable it seems. Bummer.

Screenstate to turn off data works well. I have it paired with a battery trigger: High 100% Low 75%. Of course this is overridden by the specific app list.

Back to the drawing board for the wifi/data overlap.
    I am still really learning mode switcher can you post your settings t allow screenstate to control data?
    I'm very happy with my results so far! I had to tweak the settings to my liking, also added a GPS On mode that starts the GPS only with gps-using app triggers. I might try to incorporate screenstate trigger but so far I might not even need it!

Sprint Pre- with F105 Screenstate 500/1005 no compcache and low voltages 32@500 62@1005, battery low speed setting turned off

I took it out of the touchstone this morning at 9am, it's 130pm and Im at 95%! Battery monitor indicated 0.55 drain per hour for 3 and a half hours!

Granted that it's been idling and haven't had any calls or texts but it connected to download emails every two hours for 5 min...
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    I also created a gps/data mode for Geotask, Geostrings, and Fuel based off the data no method. I also figured out my wifi issue. As long as I turn wifi on it will stay on regardless and that is the function I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am still really learning mode switcher can you post your settings t allow screenstate to control data?
    I created another trigger group the looks at the battery (100 - 75) and I added a Disply State trigger to Screen On (15 sec). That is it.

When the screen goes off for 15 sec the Data radio turns off. Turn the screen on for 15 sec and the Data radio comes on.

I have had good success w this. Data seems to have a large impact on the battery as drahgon has pointed out. This series of mode triggers has had the hugest impact (+) on my battery life.
    Did you add it to the data on mode or was it a totally different mode?
    Did you add it to the data on mode or was it a totally different mode?
    I added it to the DataOn mode.

I've been meaning to write up my mods but I've been busy the last few days.

I basically set up all of drahgon's triggers with the addition of the screen off trigger and wifi disconnected to all triggers (to prevent bothwifi and data). The wifi disconneceted is a bit troublesome at times.
    I agree I seem to have better success just leaving wifi on I need to see what the battery drain is like that way. My thought process behind that is I only use wifi at work and at home so when it is not connected it would just be sitting there. If I am totally wrong in my thoughts please let me know. I have exported all my modes to my google account.
    I dont quite know how to import the modes i downloaded to Mode switcher. Any help? i exported the modes to google docs, so whats next?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Open mode switcher and click on the mode switcher menu and you will see import.
    Open mode switcher and click on the mode switcher menu and you will see import.
    I clicked on list modes after i entered my google docs email and password, but its just sitting there. I guess i'll try again later when google is done converting all the docs.

Edit: It works now.Thanks!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I agree I seem to have better success just leaving wifi on I need to see what the battery drain is like that way. My thought process behind that is I only use wifi at work and at home so when it is not connected it would just be sitting there. If I am totally wrong in my thoughts please let me know. I have exported all my modes to my google account.
    Right. I leave Wifi on all the time too. I use the "Wifi Network" trigger set to State = "Disconnected" and no delay. This means that the data radio will only turn on when my phone is not connected to a wifi network. Wifi remains on throughout this time.
    palmuse you seem to have a good grasp on these settings. I am still learning. Did you modify your default mode? Can you post your exact setting and what mode it is in? Still trying to get the screen state to act right. I noticed I had an app that wouldn't let it come out of data on mode so I am now adding them back in one by one.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/19/2010 at 10:03 PM.
    Ran into issues with my WiFi Disconnected trigger today. The wifi is too buggy to be reliable it seems. Bummer.

Screenstate to turn off data works well. I have it paired with a battery trigger: High 100% Low 75%. Of course this is overridden by the specific app list.

Back to the drawing board for the wifi/data overlap.
    Right. I leave Wifi on all the time too. I use the "Wifi Network" trigger set to State = "Disconnected" and no delay. This means that the data radio will only turn on when my phone is not connected to a wifi network. Wifi remains on throughout this time.
    Did you get the bugs worked out with this setting for your wifi disconnected?
    palmuse you seem to have a good grasp on these settings. I am still learning. Can you post your exact setting and what mode it is in? Still trying to get the screen state to act right. I noticed I had an app that wouldn't let it come out of data on mode so I am now adding them back in one by one.
    Yeah. I'll work on it tonight and try to get it posted.
    Did you get the bugs worked out with this setting for your wifi disconnected?
    It seems to be working again. I am not sure why I had trouble that one day. Could be I misread what was happening. It's been working perfectly today.
    It seems to be working again. I am not sure why I had trouble that one day. Could be I misread what was happening. It's been working perfectly today.
    Thanks can you post this setting when you post the others as well? I put the wifi trigger in the data on mode in trigger section but not sure if it should go there or to the default mode
    Below is a modification of drahgon's original data on demand mode. It adds the following:

1) a check for Wifi being disconnected (meaning it is not connected to any network or hotspot) for all trigger groups - when Wifi IS connected to a network, the data radio stays off (you do not need both unless the Wifi is weak and drops out)

2) a screenstate check to turn off data when the screen is off, the phone is not charging and the specific apps are not in the forground (basically when you are not using it) - when you "wake" the phone for 15 sec, data will turn on - turn off the screen for 15 sec, data turns off - also turns off data when the proximity sensor turns off the screen during a phone call (may keep the phone from getting as warm)

NOTES:
    1) order of the triggers/groups not important (I have six groups here)

2) you can set battery levels to your liking

3) interval trigger can be set to your liking (drahgon had every 2 hours - I may push mine out as well)

[this was all typed on my Pre so no fancy editing - hope it is understandable]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mode Name: DataOn
    ** * Mode Type: Modifier
    ** * Auto Start: Immediate
    ** * Auto Close: Immediate

SETTINGS
    Preferences
    ** * Notify: Do Not Set
    ** * Charging: Do Not Set
    System Settings
    (only add these 2 settings groups below)
    ------------------------------------------------
    **Connections
    ** * Phone: Do Not Set
    ** * Data: Enabled
    ** * WiFi: Do Not Set
    ** * Bluetooth: Do Not Set
    ** * GPS: Do Not Set
    **Email
    ** * Alert: Do Not Set
    ** * Get Email: As Items Arrive

APPS
    (do not need to set this section)

TRIGGERS
    Preferences
    ** * Required: Any Grouped
    ** * Block: No Blocking*
    (*not sure if this is important - may be if you have others modes touching data radio)
    Activation Triggers*
    (Group 0 - screenstate trigger)
    ** * Battery Level
    ** * * High Limit: 100
    ** * * Low Limit: 75
    ** * Display State
    ** * * State: Display On
    ** * * Delay: 15
    ** * Wi-Fi Network
    ** * * State: Disconnected
    ** * * Delay: No Delay
    (*this trigger group is not in the original mode description)
    Activation Triggers (1)
    (Group 1 - Touchstone charge trigger)
    ** * Battery Level
    ** * * Low Limit: 50
    ** * Charger Event
    ** * * Charger: Touchstone
    ** * * Orientation: Any
    ** * Wi-Fi Network*
    (*added Wi-fi disconnected check)
    Activation Triggers (2)
    (Group 2 - wall charge trigger)
    ** * Battery Level
    ** * Charger Event
    ** * * Charger: Wall Charger
    ** * Wi-Fi Network*
    Activation Triggers (3)
    (Group 3 - USB charge trigger)
    ** * Battery Level
    ** * Charger Event
    ** * * Charger: USB Charger
    ** * Wi-Fi Network*
    Activation Trigger (4)
    (Group 4 - interval trigger)
    ** * Time Interval
    ** * * Mode: Repeating
    ** * * Active: 5 Minutes
    ** * * Every: 1 Hour*
    ** * Wi-Fi Network*
    Activation Triggers (5)
    (Group 5 -*specific application triggers)
    ** * Application
    ** * * State: Foreground
    ** * * Application: {name}
    ** * * Delay: 60 Seconds*
    (repeat for all applications...)
    (add at any time...)
    ** * Wi-Fi Network*

EDIT: Not sure where the prefix * came from (should be spaces). The items with an ending * are where I changed mind from the original. I tried to explain the chnages as a footnote.
    Last edited by palmuse; 09/20/2010 at 01:15 AM.
  18.    #98  
    I gotta give it to you for doing that all on your phone. I'll see if there is a way I can incorporate it into my first post and still make it all look neat. Is there a limit to how much text can go in one post?
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    I gotta give it to you for doing that all on your phone. I'll see if there is a way I can incorporate it into my first post and still make it all look neat. Is there a limit to how much text can go in one post?
    I am without a working pc at home so my phone is my pc. *rolleyes* I started with my exported mode and edited as needed.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Thanks drahgon, this Data on Demand capability is revolutionary.

Palm should bake this into webOS as an option, probably default.

Palm could add a Radio switch requirement for each app to identify which radios an App needs. Then when they start, they could trigger the needed radio(s) on. Optionally you could set it so that radios where turned off when not required, just like Mode Switcher.

This would be a feature of webOS that would put it ahead. Now that this idea is on the Net, someone will probably use it, it should be Palm.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast