1.    #1  
    Not sure of the appropriaate place for this since it involves 3 different apps, but I hope someone sees this.

I've downloaded a whole bunch of ringtones using the Free Ringtone app. Works great - love it. No problem there. I wanted to make them louder, using MP3 Gain, but they needed to be mp3's first (obvious now), so I used the MP3 WMA converter app, then MP3 Gain, dragged them all back over to my Pre - we're looking at 40+ ringtones. All at one time. Guess what. Now on my phone they all have "unknown" as the title (not ringtoneforunknown). I went back into usb mode and changed the title under >properties >details (as suggested in another thread) for each one. It didn't help. I have 40+ "unknowns," although they play correctly if selected. I realize I should have tested all this out on just one to make sure it all worked, but hey... Anyway, do I have to dump them all and start all over from scratch (re-dwonload the ringtones) - one at a time of course?!

I sure hope someone can help me out here! Thanks!

PS - I did copy the ringtone folder to my desktop, so I have the original titles. I even tried copying them - the originals - back to the phone. That gave me 80+ "unknowns"! I deleted those!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Does "changed the title under >properties >details (as suggested in another thread) for each one" change the ID3 tag name? I would have thought that would be the solution to your problem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Does "changed the title under >properties >details (as suggested in another thread) for each one" change the ID3 tag name? I would have thought that would be the solution to your problem.
    I have no idea. Could be. I right-clicked on each title, went to properties, then to details, and none of the songs had a title. So I added one. Didn't seem to make a difference.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    You could try downloading mediamonkey to your PC and using it to rename/tag them. It usually works really well.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I have no idea. Could be. I right-clicked on each title, went to properties, then to details, and none of the songs had a title. So I added one. Didn't seem to make a difference.
    You could try a reboot.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Sometimes if all fails don't be scared to start over. A failure is a person who accept defeat ~ I know you you're not one.
    Yeah, I know. Thanks. It's just that it's going to be a huge pain in the *****.

(Wait till I post about my problems with WebOS Repair.)