Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Since the story came out the other day about the pre and the ps3 hack, i wanted to pick up another pre for cheap, so my question is, i have a chance to get a pre plus bad esn for 50bucks and cant i use the meta doctor to bypass carrier activation and be able to use it for wifi browsing and use the terminal app if i can install it through WebOSQi. Any help greatly appericiated. Thanks.

David
    Last edited by warguy; 09/07/2010 at 05:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    go it.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Did it help? Or what exactly are you looking for?
    Ya it helped lol I have read that wiki before but for some reason i totally missed the beginning part that clearly states "Palm webOS Doctor to bypass the "First Use" application and allow the phone to run without having been activated on a cell network"

Thats what i wanted to make sure of because i have a pre but i jailbroke my friends ps3 with my pre and now he wants a pre just so he can run the jailbreak hack on his ps3 so i just needed to know if i bought a pre and meta doctored it to bypass the activation if he could still use it as a wifi browser and run the terminal app on the phone. And that first paragraph of the wiki said it perfectly thanks.