1.    #1  
    Well I don't generally start threads, I like to figure things out on my own. However, this little 'problem' I'm having has me frustrated and stumped.
    Here's the situation, when you select orange/white/blob key and tap a photo in the browser you get an option to "Share Image" or "Copy to Photos". Well I've used the "Copy to Photos" option more times than I can count, but recently none of them are saving (even though I'm seeing the "Image Saved" message) I've checked everywhere in /media/internal/ and don't see them. I've done some 'rearranging' of /media/internal/ this past month and I think I may have moved/renamed/deleted the folder that these go to. Does anyone know the name of this folder so I can try to get the issue fixed? Thanks in advance.
    Did you check in the Miscellaneous photo folder?
  3.    #3  
    I sure did, that's where I thought they'd be, but nothing there besides a few from some time ago. Can't figure out where these new ones are going, just seems weird...
    If you have internalz all those pics are stored there in /media/internal. The reason why those pics aren't showing in your photo app is because they might be GIF related. For some reason the photo app doesn't store gif photo's.

I had to change gif to png in order to store those pics. I used paint to change them~ then send them to my phone.
    Last edited by RL; 09/07/2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: correction.
  5.    #5  
    Rush- I've been through /media/internal/ thoroughly with Internalz and the pictures aren't there either.
    I'm not sure if the location was somehow changed, or if it's just really not saving them even though I get the message the picture has been saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Rush- I've been through /media/internal/ thoroughly with Internalz and the pictures aren't there either.
    I'm not sure if the location was somehow changed, or if it's just really not saving them even though I get the message the picture has been saved.
    I guess you have deleted such file. Run Repair Utility it should replace any missing, or modifed file(s) http://discussion.treocentral.com/ca...ty-v2-1-a.html.

Remember you won't be able to save GIF photos in your photo albums. They will be stored in internalz. /media/internal/

Best of Luck.
    Last edited by RL; 09/07/2010 at 02:35 PM.
    If the pictures were taken from the web they would not be in the downloads folder but in the internal folder /media/internal/.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    If the pictures were taken from the web they would not be in the downloads folder but in the internal folder /media/internal/.
    I stand corrected ~ in the internal folder /media/internal/.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, I can go save 10 pictures from the web and they aren't ANYWHERE in /media/internal/
    Too bad there isn't a way to check where those files are being 'saved', either via command line or by finding the location of the file that controls the saving of photos within webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Yes, I can go save 10 pictures from the web and they aren't ANYWHERE in /media/internal/
    Too bad there isn't a way to check where those files are being 'saved', either via command line or by finding the location of the file that controls the saving of photos within webOS.
    If you have the Advanced options in Launcher patch, you could run Rescan Fileindexer which might help. I don't know any other way to do it. But I'll keep my eyes opened for a solution.

I have an idea. In Intenalz, go to the media directory and find internal hold it so that you get the option for Info, open and write down the size after it finishes calculating. Now go on the web and copy a few pictures to photos. Go back and recheck the size of the internal directory. If it's bigger then the pictures are inside, maybe in a hidden folder or a different folder. But at least you know that they are in there someware. You'll just have to find them.

This has happened to me also. I don't have any patches or anything extra. I'd save the photo and check in the Misc or DL folder and nothing. But If I immediately reboot my phone, there they are.
    Wait a minute, what the hells that key combo?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Wait a minute, what the hells that key combo?
    Hold the Orange key(Pre) or the Grey key(Pre Plus) while tapping on a photo, and You will be given the option to copy to photos or Send via email or MMS etc.

Had a similar issue and like the one person suggested, used Internalz Pro. Sure enough the files I had copied were indeed GIF and stored in the /media/internal/ path ... way down at the bottom below the other folders.

Not sure why this OS cannot see GIF files, makes uploading photos of tools that much harder via the tablet.