1.    #1  
    I get this message every time I plug my pre into my computer with the 2 options:

1. Scan and fix (recommended)
    2. Continue without scanning

I've always hit #2 but should I scan and fix? Anyone else get this message?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    It's most likely because once you disconnected the Pre USB drive without unmounting / ejecting first.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, that's probably a likely case. When I set my phone into USB and plugged into 1 of the 2 front ports, it (PC) can't find it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    That msg is always annoying.
    did you ever say 'yes' and let windows try to fix it?
  6.    #6  
    Yes I did. Now I don't get the message.
    my work here is done.

LOL
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have received that message before, I was always afraid of the "fix" part, what was my Windows 7 PC going to fix on a Linux Palm Pre?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    my work here is done.

LOL
    LOL
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This had been bothering me too, and I didn't know if I should opt to scan and fix. I had indeed removed my Pre from my computer incorrectly, at some point.

So I tried it just now, and it worked. To add a little bit to the story, I chose the default selections on the little dialog box that showed up: the first option was pre-selected (something about automatically fixing errors) and the second option was not selected (something about looking for bad sectors).

As far as I can tell, my Pre is OK, and I definitely do not get scan and fix error messages any more.