Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I can not get the Uberkernal to install. I had previously had my Pre running at 800 MHz using the a CPU patch to set it at 800 MHz. I removed the the patch and rebooted my Pre so I could use Govnah instead. As you can see from the error log below, Uberkernal thinks my "Device Kernel" is not the factory condition.

Any suggestions...

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    98 3441k 98 3403k 0 0 52411 0 0:01:07 0:01:06 0:00:01 59727
    100 3441k 100 3441k 0 0 52677 0 0:01:06 0:01:06 --:--:-- 68127
    identify
    org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    Installing org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre (1.4.5-113) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/ecb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/crypto/pcbc.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/net/ifb.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    remove

Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    if you are sure that you have gotten any odd files off of your pre (luna patches, etc.), you have the option of installing the Palm Kernel package off of preware, which will forcibly rewrite your kernel with the palm one and allow you to then install any of the other kernels.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Contradude View Post
    if you are sure that you have gotten any odd files off of your pre (luna patches, etc.), you have the option of installing the Palm Kernel package off of preware, which will forcibly rewrite your kernel with the palm one and allow you to then install any of the other kernels.
    Thanks for the quick response and help... Your suggestion worked...I am now cruising at 500/1000 MHz...
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    It's been a while since anyone posted here but I am just starting out my overclocking trials after having my phone for a little over a year but I have run into a snag. My Quick Install is not finding my device, I have tried to reinstall Novacom but that has done nothing(and it has not worked) and I am 100% sure I am in development mode and I have my Pre connected to my computer. Please help if you can, I just want to use VBA well.
  5.    #65  
    ^ Just to get this out of the way, your phone recognizes that it is connected to the computer when you plug it in right? You get the notification to either Just Charge or go into USB Mode?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    I have gotten as far as step 4, see below. When I try to open the file I am not prompted to download webOS doctor. Instead I am offered installed programs to try to open the file with and when I select search the web webOS does not come up. I am running Windows 7 64bit. I am eager to overclock can anyone help me or tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

3. Download webOS Quickinstall by going to this link:

(Image removed for posting)

Save the file in a new directory on your computer that you can easily find.

4. Go to the folder where you saved the file and open it.

You will be prompted to download webOS doctor. Click Yes.
    I solved my problem. Java was not installed on my pc
    awesome how to... this should be stickied !
    Hi guys, in step 2, i dont ever get the restart prompt. i am running pre 2, webos 2.1 on unlocked phone with att sim card. pls help.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinjunk View Post
    Hi guys, in step 2, i dont ever get the restart prompt. i am running pre 2, webos 2.1 on unlocked phone with att sim card. pls help.
    WebOS 2.x does not require a restart to go into developer mode.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    vasekvi i am stuck between step 8 and 9. it says cannot find device when the phone is plugged in, gave error - cannot find device or coonnection or something like that, now - connecting to device is spinning for an hour - going nowhere. pls help.
    also how to install scroll bars and smoother scroling?
    this is for pre 2 on windows 7 by the way
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Please help me. I want to overclock my Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5. I already have preware installed but I'm not sure where to find webOS Dr. I did install Kernal AV8B Harrier ll and did a restart...that's as far as I went because I thought maybe I should have installed Uberkernel. Please help me to understand so I don't risk messing up my phone.
    JLBruette
    Palm Zire31 > Palm Pre Plus > HP Touch Pad
  14.    #74  
    Judy, uninstall all kernels you may have installed and just install uberkernel and govnah

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Thanks..........
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234