Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I knew you wouldn't take long with it. Just 8 hours after I made that comment.

Pip
    Ok I installed uberkernel and set govnah to 500/800 screenstate , seems performance a bit faster.. but still not as fast as I expected , typing still laggy

Am I need to try 1Ghz? hmm... for first time overclocker.. I think I need to slow down a bit
    awesome stuff... amped for this wkd when I can make all of this happen and donate, too!

thanks to all for their hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Ok I installed uberkernel and set govnah to 500/800 screenstate , seems performance a bit faster.. but still not as fast as I expected , typing still laggy

Am I need to try 1Ghz? hmm... for first time overclocker.. I think I need to slow down a bit
    dont waste time, put on the 1 ghz, u wont regret it...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hey, thanks for the guide. But I'm having a problem. All was going well until I get into the WebOS Quick Install. I connect my Palm Pre (Sprint), and I click on Install, and I get an "ERROR 1: Connection Refused", and a "ERROR: No device found." I did put the Pre on "Just Charge", and I tried different USB hubs on my computer, still nothing. Please help?
    well....not only did I overclock my Pre...with this step by step instruction posting I FINALLY...after ten months of riding and loving my stock Pre and pre central community here in canada.....took the plunge into the wonderful world of "homebrew"....Oh don't get me wrong I'd love to see new harware like the rest of us.....but I'm giddy with the new patches.....thanks everyone,for all the hard work and love hp/palm hombrew goodness .
    I like to see how as each screenshot goes on your battery is down a few percent points
    done and donated... lovin the faster email already. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Rod,
    When it reports to Palm what your phone is running, is that included in the backup? Or is it a seperate process?
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    What is the difference between this latest "uberkernal" and the "thunder chief" people keep mentioning? Is the latest version just faster? Thanks for any info.....I'm starting to investigate all this "clocking" stuff...a bit over my comfort zone but would like a faster phone if isn't tooooo complicated. Thanks....
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    What is the difference between this latest "uberkernal" and the "thunder chief" people keep mentioning? Is the latest version just faster? Thanks for any info.....I'm starting to investigate all this "clocking" stuff...a bit over my comfort zone but would like a faster phone if isn't tooooo complicated. Thanks....
    Please read the threads, maybe the last two or three pages of each, the differnces have been thoroughly discussed along with their purpose.

Pip
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyjoel View Post
    Hey, thanks for the guide. But I'm having a problem. All was going well until I get into the WebOS Quick Install. I connect my Palm Pre (Sprint), and I click on Install, and I get an "ERROR 1: Connection Refused", and a "ERROR: No device found." I did put the Pre on "Just Charge", and I tried different USB hubs on my computer, still nothing. Please help?
    Your device is likely not in developer mode. Type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart from the home screen to launch developer mode and make sure the toggle switch is on.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Any ideas why I keep getting errors when I go to install Preware? I tried reinstalling WebOS Quick Install I restarted my PC, still not working.

Please help,
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Problem solved
    I added the UK to my girlfriend pixi snce it said it would at least stop the whole getting to manny cards isue. So after installing it as well with govnah I restarted like so. Then I wanted to test it out to see how many cards I can open with out getting the too many card issues, after my tenth application it made a little pop noise, I kinda felt a soft one. I freaked out, but I didn't notice any glitch or temp rising. I wonder how bad this could be in the long run. I did it while she was sleeping so lets see how it goes tmw.
  16.    #56  
    So my brother finally took a few moments to do this, and here is what happened right out of the gate. Just when I thought my directions were foolproof....

man, people just like to complain lol.... great walkthrough thank you
    This guide is awesome!!! Thanks for the time to write it up and to all the developers. I'm donating next payday!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    First off, what a fantastic website. Not sure if there is anything like this for other phones, but I don't plan to find out. First post, and yes I am a dummy. At this point.
    I also cannot get the software to download from PC to Pre. I get the same message buddyjoel is. The webos install gives me an error, I click OK and the window says "connecting to device" with the circle turning, and does nothing. Have to go to task manager to stop it. Running Win7-64. Device manager recognizes the Palm USB device, but the USB port says the device is Novacom and there are no drivers avaliable. It's definatley not connecting and it is in developer mode. I have shut the process down twice. Turned off developer mode, restarted, and turned it back on, restarted, and then launched quick install. Everything goes just fine but it will not move the files to the phone. So I am stuck at step 8. Normally I have a USB icon in the taskbar when I have connected a device. But nothing is there. Please tell me this is something simple. Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    In Quick install, File-options-"attempt Novacom re installation" fixed the connection problem.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast