Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    thanks. 'clockin now
    There is an actual n00b guide around here someplace....

Edit ---> Found it!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-dummies.html
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/25/2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Updated with URL
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    That's perfect for overclocking to 800 but where do I find that F105 thunderchief (1.005 gHz) or that SR71 (1.2Ghz)?? I've been searching threads and looking for it in Preware but no luck so far. Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deaton030 View Post
    People on n00bs should not overclock... just had to say it..
    I don't agree. We're all trying new things here with all the fun apps and patches so if somebody wants to step into the overclocking world more power to him/her!! It's fun and relatively safe so I say go for it!! and we always have the doctor to help us out! just my 2 cents...
    5-easy steps:

1 - install preware
    2 - find uberkernel or f102 and tap install
    3 - find govnah and tap install
    4 - launch govnah and select the profile you want( I use screenstate 800/500)
    5 - enjoy life with your overclocked pre.

Really, it's so ridiculously easy now.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    we always have the doctor to help us out
    Not exactly, when overclocking you actually run a very real risk of doing real, physical damage to your phone. Can't doctor that. That said, if you use one of the 800MHz kernels in the public feeds, the risk is quite small.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrichmd View Post
    Ok, may be dumb (or just lazy) but where would one find info about overclocking (1.4.5 sprint)?

thanks
    OMFG! it's unbelievable, if you have to ask, you're already are excluded from being qualified to use the testing feeds!

preCentral has a great little feature, you can usually find it at the top of every page, it's called SEARCH!

remember, if you have to ask, the you should just find something else to play with..
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by unfairSurprisery View Post
    5-easy steps:

1 - install preware
    2 - find uberkernel or f102 and tap install
    3 - find govnah and tap install
    4 - launch govnah and select the profile you want( I use screenstate 800/500)
    5 - enjoy life with your overclocked pre.

Really, it's so ridiculously easy now.
    thanks for the info. This might be painful but here it goes....I have my Pre overclocked to 800 but want to get to 1.005 gHz. I type in f102 in Preware (step 2 above) but can't seem to find it. F102A Delta Dagger is only 800 so that's not it either, right? I've done tons of searches and read through many threads but can't seem to get the answer (just so you know pretender). Is thunderchief or sr71 (1.2gHz) in Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
    Is thunderchief or sr71 (1.2gHz) in Preware?
    Yes in the TESTING/BETA feeds. It is generally recommended that if you can't figure out how to install or find the patches, you probably shouldn't be using them. Trust me, you are far from the first person to be confused.
    thanks for the info. This might be painful but here it goes....I have my Pre overclocked to 800 but want to get to 1.005 gHz. I type in f102 in Preware (step 2 above) but can't seem to find it. F102A Delta Dagger is only 800 so that's not it either, right? I've done tons of searches and read through many threads but can't seem to get the answer (just so you know pretender). Is thunderchief or sr71 (1.2gHz) in Preware?
    F105 supports 1ghz, so does the testing version of uberkernel. However these are all testing version at the moment.
    You would have to add the testing feeds to your preware if you would like to be part of the testing (found on the webos-internals wiki). But heed the warning:

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their phone at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.

They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.

They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.

They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.

They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.

They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.

If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.

If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha testing.

Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.

-- Rod
    Edit:If your not prepared to follow those things then I recommend you wait until the public release uberkernel supports 1ghz.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Yes in the TESTING/BETA feeds. It is generally recommended that if you can't figure out how to install or find the patches, you probably shouldn't be using them. Trust me, you are far from the first person to be confused.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I already have the 800 overclock so I was hoping it was just as easy. I think pip smith may have steered me in the right direction. I must not have added the testing feeds. Thanks again!

Oh, 9kracing said it too. THUMBS UP!
    What version of webOS is that? Media Sync? Seriously? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  15.    #35  

I saw media sync in device information and turned it on for the heck of it but I never tried to do anything with it. So I see that it launches iTunes but doesn't show up as a device.... Updating OP.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrichmd View Post
    thanks. 'clockin now
    There's also a button for that. It looks like this:

That's perfect for overclocking to 800 but where do I find that F105 thunderchief (1.005 gHz) or that SR71 (1.2Ghz)?? I've been searching threads and looking for it in Preware but no luck so far. Thanks!!
    I intentionally left out how to get past 800MHz, since Unixpsycho's threads do not show you either for good reason. If you learn how to add the right feeds to Preware and know what you're getting into, and know that you may have to call the doctor, then go for it!

3 months using Pre Plus I still not dare to overclock it, because standard speed and 3G on, my Pre already like a hand warmer. It will goes to 45C easily when I'm using chat app more then 10 minutes or download something more then 10 minutes. I know this because I install temperature notification patch.

More over charging using TS really somewhat like nightmare. I need to turnoff the 3G, and then charge Pre Plus on TS. Then, I put a small fan to cooling it down while it charging. Or else I need to charge at room with cool air conditioner. This step will make Pre Plus not goes beyond 45C when charging, but If I turn on 3G.. using fan not enough to cooling it down, need fan and air conditioner on to make Pre Plus charge on TS below 45C, if not It will go to 48C very easy which notification warning will non stop bothering me.

But I admit lately I feel my Pre Plus more and more slow, especially when I open some pages of browser. Typing not too responsive anymore, causing double type occured like hell. That's why I have thought of overclock it.

So here my questions, before I do overclock using govnah:
    1. Will Pre really not hotter then standard speed , especially using chat app actively more then 10 minutes? or download something more then 10 minutes?
    2. If I overclock now, and then Verizon release update 1.4.5, do I need to install standard kernell back , set govnah to palm default then do update, or I just update my Pre Plus directly?
    3. Will WebOS doctor really make all of overclock files / setting back to standard files / setting , if at future time I bumped some problem.

Many thanks to anyone that give me answers or opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    3 months using Pre Plus I still not dare to overclock it, because standard speed and 3G on, my Pre already like a hand warmer. It will goes to 45C easily when I'm using chat app more then 10 minutes or download something more then 10 minutes. I know this because I install temperature notification patch.

More over charging using TS really somewhat like nightmare. I need to turnoff the 3G, and then charge Pre Plus on TS. Then, I put a small fan to cooling it down while it charging. Or else I need to charge at room with cool air conditioner. This step will make Pre Plus not goes beyond 45C when charging, but If I turn on 3G.. using fan not enough to cooling it down, need fan and air conditioner on to make Pre Plus charge on TS below 45C, if not It will go to 48C very easy which notification warning will non stop bothering me.

But I admit lately I feel my Pre Plus more and more slow, especially when I open some pages of browser. Typing not too responsive anymore, causing double type occured like hell. That's why I have thought of overclock it.

So here my questions, before I do overclock using govnah:
    1. Will Pre really not hotter then standard speed , especially using chat app actively more then 10 minutes? or download something more then 10 minutes?
    2. If I overclock now, and then Verizon release update 1.4.5, do I need to install standard kernell back , set govnah to palm default then do update, or I just update my Pre Plus directly?
    3. Will WebOS doctor really make all of overclock files / setting back to standard files / setting , if at future time I bumped some problem.

Many thanks to anyone that give me answers or opinions
    1. The temperature will depend upon your particular hardware, your particular usage profile, your particular cellular reception profile, and your particular battery charging and/or discharging profile. The temperature limiters included in WebOS Internals kernels will automatically down-clock your device to 500MHz if the temperature exceeds 55C.

2. Just hit "Update" in Preware.

3. Yes. In fact just uninstalling the kernel in Preware will do so.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19.    #39  
    My goodness. Typing up a response and rwhitby beat me to it. He must personally be running at 1.4GHz!

The only thing I would say also is that you can set what temperature your Pre will downclock and what temperature it resets. I personally do not like my phone going past 50C so I have my threshold set to downclock to 500MHz at 50C and reset at 45C.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    If you're not prepared to follow those things then I recommend you wait until the public release uberkernel supports 1ghz.
    Which is today ... http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...berkernel.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast