1.    #1  
    I feel pretty fortunate that this is the first hardware problem (power button is stuck in) I've had with my Sprint Palm Pre since getting it just over a year ago, considering how many of you have gone through multiple handsets. I have the protection plan, so I'm good there, but I must wonder:

Should I unpatch completely before taking it to a Sprint store for service?

Thanks for your insight!
    Better safe than sorry. It won't take long to put things back how you want them, but if you don't remove the patches, it may be impossible to repair the damage to your warranty claim ability.
    Prē
    yep, taker her in stock...
    A quick trip to the Doctor may save you some headaches.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #5  
    Groovy. Thanks guys. I think I'll just EPR it rather than doctoring so I don't have to re-set-up and dl all the app cat apps again, but I certainly appreciate the feedback!
    I took mine in to have the power button fixed (twice actually) - had it loaded with patches and also a Mugen 1400 battery. They never blinked or said a word about it.

I guess it just depends on the store.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I did too as my touchstone back stopped working. I had a theme on & the guy knew I mustve used homebrew, but didn't try to say that was why the phone was acting up. It depends on the store also, but better safe than sorry
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Ya, I had a bunch of patches on mine and the were P.Oed about it but I am only 14 so the "let it slide". So yes take off your patches.
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I took all my patches and homebrew stuff off to get the power button fixed at the Sprint store. When the tech returned it to me he surprisely suggested i check out homebrew and patches.
    Just visited a Sprint repair center yesterday for a speaker issue. Had already talked to Palm and Sprint advanced support and had made appoint at store to take it in. I pulled my overclocking and removed all patches that would remove before taking it in. I had one patch, add/delete launcher pages' that would not remove for me. The first thing they noticed was that i Had 6 launcher pages...They told me that technically Sprint would not normally do warrant repair/replacement with this modification. But they wanted to eb nice and go ahead and order me a replacement. Funny since it was a harware issue and not a software issue anyway. It seems that they really just wanted to let me know that I was lucky I think...that they would replace it even against their normal policy...so you never know...it was a close call for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I took mine in to have the power button fixed (twice actually) - had it loaded with patches and also a Mugen 1400 battery. They never blinked or said a word about it.

I guess it just depends on the store.
    I went into one of the corporate stores and I was getting my girlfriends Pixi fixed up/looked at and the guy said "Here's just a friendly notice, that you should take off all the mods you've done to your phone before coming in here, some people will flag your phone and say it's un-fixable." He then went ahead and fixed her phone/got a replacement.

He took a look at my phone and wouldn't even take a look at it.
    Sprint Love
    At the very least, un-patch it. If you really are up for it, doctor it.