Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    As the title states, I decided to make use of one of those extra touchstone backs you get when you buy a touchstone. It's kind of nice to have the glossy back and touchstone charging. I didn't take any pictures while doing it, but it only took 10 minutes. I could probably do it in 5 minutes now that i know the process.

With a small knife, you can gently peel the black sticker off the back. Then do the same thing for silver sticker. Now you can see the magnet, coil and circuit board. Once again the come right off with a little persuasion from the knife.

I used a little bit of gorilla glue to help hold the coil and circuit board in place on the original glossy back. Then it's just a matter of making sure everything lines up, and putting the stickers back on.

The only downside to this is that with the glossy back, it doesn't stay on the touchstone very good.

I may have too much free time.
    Last edited by Readonly; 08/18/2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Edit: yes I put the magnets back on too
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i got bored just having my original back sit on the counter after i got the touchstone one so I took a lighter to it, so I guess I couldnt what you did
    I covered the original with high gloss vinyl to hide the camera lens. That way I can bring the Pre into places that do not allow cameras. Here's before and after.
    CIMG0252 d.jpg
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    It will hold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    It will hold
    +1
    But not to strong. The next thing you know is the phone is wiped clean and you now have a very nice looking paper weight.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I covered the original with high gloss vinyl to hide the camera lens. That way I can bring the Pre into places that do not allow cameras. Here's before and after.
    CIMG0252 d.jpg

impressive.. I could use this for my job, we can't have cameras inside certain places.
    How did you do it?
    Does it affect the camera any?
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”