Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1350
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    I have a question, though. Let's say you had a temporary brain fart and wanted to recover some data from the old sprint phone. Can I just throw the verizon comm board into that phone just to boot it up and pull data off of it?
    Yes. No problem at all. Just boot it up and do your thing. I actually did put the VZW board in my old Pre because I didn't want a gutted phone laying around. It booted up just fine, ready to go. I guess it would run just fine on Verizon if you would also have done the token thing the other way around.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  2. #142  
    Man I wish I could copy the token from this pre plus I got before overwriting them with new ones..
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcflyer40t View Post
    Man I wish I could copy the token from this pre plus I got before overwriting them with new ones..
    What's stopping you from doing so?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4. #144  
    well I dont know how to get inside to extract them without using internalz. for whatever reason I dont knw, but internalz wont run due to a file. I installed in via webos QI. when I went to run the app.. it said ca.canucksoftware.filemgr wasn't running. Not sure how to get around that or into the area where the tokens are without using internalz.

    Same thing would be nice for my second palm pre, the one thats gonna be sacrificed.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcflyer40t View Post
    well I dont know how to get inside to extract them without using internalz. for whatever reason I dont knw, but internalz wont run due to a file. I installed in via webos QI. when I went to run the app.. it said ca.canucksoftware.filemgr wasn't running. Not sure how to get around that or into the area where the tokens are without using internalz.

    Same thing would be nice for my second palm pre, the one thats gonna be sacrificed.
    Use Terminal

    Or Novaterm

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #146  
    got the tokens from the pre... I'll try the terminal and novaterm.. I dont really know how to use either, so I'll learn both. Thx! ROD!!!!
  7. #147  
    is there a wiki on the terminal or novaterm?
  8. #148  
    Rod I'm in novaterm and rooted... I've looked around.. probably not hard enough, I'm in the tokens folder... and I'm looking to copy the whole token folder. any command to do that with? then paste to desktop of my choice?... also within novaterm.. is there a way to examine the wifi and bluetooth issues I've had with this pre plus?
  9. #149  
    ah... the joys of learning.. but also the not understanding what to really do... lol if only it almost as simple as copy and paste. hahaha

    I gotta find some proper commands for this novaterm and webos root.

    cant seem to get passed the cp command and how to put the token folder else where... meaning like my desptop... hmm
    Last edited by rcflyer40t; 08/28/2010 at 02:23 AM.
  10. #150  
    root@palm-webos-device:/#
    thats my root... seems other people have a different root. anyways, I'm not quite sure where to begin with copying my tokens into a folder on my desktop if possible maybe then my usb portion.
    But i dont know what commands to use to do it. I did however get into the location of where the token folder is.. but thats it. '''
  11. #151  
    I DID IT!!!!! lol I some how managed to not destroy the pre plus while trying to figure out how to move/copy the tokens over to its usb section.

    Ahh... the shear joy of accomplishment.. lol
  12. #152  
    I wonder if maybe some how..(by previous owner) the script to the toggle of my wifi and bt switches have been disassociated between the two... maybe that could be the issue for those two issues?...

    What do you guys think?
  13. #153  
    I think I made my Srprint Pre Plus the hard way. My Plus came in from ebay and was destroyed, non-responding screen, a ton a cosmetic damage (false advertisement from the seller). Saw a post from Rod that you could change the OMAP board and it should work. I gave it a shot. After a couple tear down and rebuild practices, I went for it. Now I have an original Sprint Pre with the OMAP board from a Plus running just fine. It was tedious, but not as hard as thought. Thanks everyone for their advice in this thread.
  14. #154  
    I found all my token values except "ProdSN". Anybody know where that should be?
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I found all my token values except "ProdSN". Anybody know where that should be?
    if it's not in /tmp/tokens that's odd.. Either way though, "ProdSN" is just your serial number, so whatever serial number is on the back of your sprint pre is the correct value.
  16. #156  
    That's what I figured; entered value and looking for a Pre Plus... Software looks ready to go, thanks!
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by tainvst View Post
    I think I made my Srprint Pre Plus the hard way. My Plus came in from ebay and was destroyed, non-responding screen, a ton a cosmetic damage (false advertisement from the seller). Saw a post from Rod that you could change the OMAP board and it should work. I gave it a shot. After a couple tear down and rebuild practices, I went for it. Now I have an original Sprint Pre with the OMAP board from a Plus running just fine. It was tedious, but not as hard as thought. Thanks everyone for their advice in this thread.
    Well done, sir. I'm very sorry you had to go to all that trouble, but you are the first person I know of who has gone through this conversion by swapping over the OMAP board. Cheers.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by tainvst View Post
    I think I made my Srprint Pre Plus the hard way. My Plus came in from ebay and was destroyed, non-responding screen, a ton a cosmetic damage (false advertisement from the seller). Saw a post from Rod that you could change the OMAP board and it should work. I gave it a shot. After a couple tear down and rebuild practices, I went for it. Now I have an original Sprint Pre with the OMAP board from a Plus running just fine. It was tedious, but not as hard as thought. Thanks everyone for their advice in this thread.
    Its not to hard if you just take your time and do it right congrats I did not like having no button so after a week of my plus i just put the imap (motherboard) in the my sprint pre all worked ok I now have my button i like but the speed of the Plus
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by millertic View Post
    I'm using a mac... I did find the wiki helpful but am still having some trouble with the commands.
    I just copy and past worked for me first try but then again i have been running Ubuntu for a bit
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  20. NitOxYs's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #160  
    If I'm not mistaken, I think the Sprint WebOS is designed around 256MB of RAM, and having 512MB is a huge upgrade. This stock Sprint Pre Plus is faster loading apps than the Verizon Pre Plus I was playing with at the store.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions