Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Yeah, the T5 was a little hard to find...

I used a pair of tweezers to pry open the lid. Opening and reassembling the first time took forever. You HAVE to start at the middle of the phone. That tab is different, you have to pull/bend the bezel to slide it into the other tab. Man, that was a pain.

The software part was relatively easy. I've tinkered with Ubuntu a little bit, so the learning curve was slightly less steep, but learning how to use terminal was a little tough and through me for a loop a couple times.

Second (normal) doctor is running right now.

I have a question, though. Let's say you had a temporary brain fart and wanted to recover some data from the old sprint phone. Can I just throw the verizon comm board into that phone just to boot it up and pull data off of it?
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I unfortunately could never get the Virtualbox to mount the filesystem so that I could transfer the jar over. However I was able to grab a jump drive mount it and it worked great.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Got a random problem with a pre plus I got off ebay... the wifi and bluetooth radios do not turn on.... at all. I've gone into preferences for both and hit on.. didn't do anything but spin that circle at me. grr... anyways my question is this.. I read that webos doctor 1.2 hs the ability to wipe the entire pre... further than what any and all other versions of the webos doctor. So I managed to get a copy and did the meta-doctor on it.

Came up with this.
    $ make unpack patch pack VERSION=1.2
    make: nothing to be done for 'unpack'.
    rm -f build/pre-p100ewwsprint-1.2/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-1.2 ]
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2/.patched] Error 1

Mind you before the :make unpack patch pack: command, I did make VERSION=1.2 like I was taught by Rod. It worked, but at the end it didn't patch or pack the new webos.

Anyone got an idea why it wouldn't? Also maybe something else I can try as for the wifi and bt issue. I understand it may not be the right thing to talk about here.. but being it pertains to doctoring the phone six different times with different versions, it should be allowed... right...
    buy a verizon palm pre plus.
    return the verizon palm pre plus.
    because I changed my mind.. I decided to stick with my sprint pre plus...erm.. I meant.. my regular sprint palm pre. Sorry lol on the real tho i'd wait for the new webOS device to be hitting Sprint soon. Too risky.
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 08/27/2010 at 02:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    To be honest it literally took me 3 hours, and most of those hours is fking with Linux trying to mount my shared directory. Swapping those boards out took less than 10 minutes literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcflyer40t View Post
    Got a random problem with a pre plus I got off ebay... the wifi and bluetooth radios do not turn on.... at all. I've gone into preferences for both and hit on.. didn't do anything but spin that circle at me. grr... anyways my question is this.. I read that webos doctor 1.2 hs the ability to wipe the entire pre... further than what any and all other versions of the webos doctor. So I managed to get a copy and did the meta-doctor on it.

Came up with this.
    [ -d patches/webos-1.2 ]

Mind you before the :make unpack patch pack: command, I did make VERSION=1.2 like I was taught by Rod. It worked, but at the end it didn't patch or pack the new webos.

Anyone got an idea why it wouldn't? Also maybe something else I can try as for the wifi and bt issue. I understand it may not be the right thing to talk about here.. but being it pertains to doctoring the phone six different times with different versions, it should be allowed... right...
    Meta-Doctor does not support webOS 1.2 - look in the patches subdirectory to see the versions supported.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Came up with this.
    [ -d patches/webos-1.2 ]

Did you build the doctor right with the correct tokens? It sounds like the services are broken or the Wifi/BLT board is bad.
    no I meant literally in light of the issue. This time is perfect for scammers out there who knowingly deal with their old phones in a dishonest way. I read somewhere on ebay a negative feedback about someone knowingly switched out the com boards before selling the verizon pre at very low price. The risk is having to purchase another palm pre plus device with an already used palm pre com board with it. If you want a palm pre plus I say go with att or pay a 200 cancellation fee for all your troubles. I say look/sell com boards.. Not the whole thing. Save the trouble of disassembling the pre only to find out you've been scammed. Think about that.
    Actually, I didn't put the tokens in just yet being I'm still waiting for my pre to arrive. I bought both being I didn't want to sacrifice my current pre. So the plan today was to just load the modifiied webos so I could get passed the first use app of doing the palm profile. That way I could test out Pre Backup Utility and Save/Restore apps of my backups and find out where I'd lose my data or any other info. Turns out.. I didn't lose anything at all.
    I had to down grade pbu to 1.6.1 because for whatever reason the 1.6.7 would never finish backing up. So I tried the 1.6.1 and it worked, so with the pre plus.. I used the back up from that, and installed pbu 1.6.7 on the plus and it restored everything just fine, including my sms. Along with installing Save/Restore I got app data and such back as well.

So that was the plan today, but didn't complete when wifi wouldn't turn on at all. hmm... I know the phone's been opened before me, I noticed it this morning when I opened the box. The screws had been touched, and the coms boards looks to have been molested quite a bit. Figured I could fix the wifi bt issue being I broke my original pre before with my tether many months ago. Managed to fix it ... and all is well with that phone. Wish there was a diag I could do on the wifi system.

Thanks for the feed back guys, its very much appreciated.
    Ok, at the risk of sounding studpid I'd like to ask someone to provide much more detailed instructions for steps 1 through 3!! I'm not computer illiterate but cannot for the life of me figure out how to "extract tokens" or get the terminal pointed where I need it to be so the commands work. Please can someone make this more clear?
    Click those links for Meta-doctor. I found the Wiki particularly helpful. I used the WUBI method for getting ubuntu running and that worked out well for me.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    I'm using a mac... I did find the wiki helpful but am still having some trouble with the commands.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I might be interested in doing these conversions for people.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Actually, I didn't put the tokens in just yet being I'm still waiting for my pre to arrive. I bought both being I didn't want to sacrifice my current pre. So the plan today was to just load the modifiied webos so I could get passed the first use app of doing the palm profile. That way I could test out Pre Backup Utility and Save/Restore apps of my backups and find out where I'd lose my data or any other info. Turns out.. I didn't lose anything at all.
    I had to down grade pbu to 1.6.1 because for whatever reason the 1.6.7 would never finish backing up. So I tried the 1.6.1 and it worked, so with the pre plus.. I used the back up from that, and installed pbu 1.6.7 on the plus and it restored everything just fine, including my sms. Along with installing Save/Restore I got app data and such back as well.

So that was the plan today, but didn't complete when wifi wouldn't turn on at all. hmm... I know the phone's been opened before me, I noticed it this morning when I opened the box. The screws had been touched, and the coms boards looks to have been molested quite a bit. Figured I could fix the wifi bt issue being I broke my original pre before with my tether many months ago. Managed to fix it ... and all is well with that phone. Wish there was a diag I could do on the wifi system.

Thanks for the feed back guys, its very much appreciated.
    I'm still confused as why your WiFi/BT isn't turning on. Are you talking about your Current Pre? Did you get your new Pre Plus, even though you said you're still waiting for it? Or are you going from a Pre Plus to a Pre? I'm all confuzzled all up in the joint.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Here is a picture..
    NICE!!! Mines there... just havent done the tokens yet being I wanna play some more before I commit to this pre plus.

I've ran webos repair utility hoping to find massively missing files or bad ones on the wifi and bt matter... but its said everything was ok, aside from the webos first use app lol no one needs that just yet..., I've re-meta-doc'd countless times lol, just trying different thing. I've noticed that I can get into internalz because this file mgr isnt running "ca.canucksoftware.filemgr" I've restored everything on this pre plus that I did just receive yesterday. ... If I could get into internalz, I know for a fact I can then inspect the wifi folders and compare to my pre. Or at least have the ability to look further into the files.

I'd really hate to buy another pre plus just cuz this wifi and bt wont turn on.. I know weird right?... well the person who sold it.. said they didnt try to fix it.. mmm Highly doubtful when as I was inspect the unit once arrived, the first thing I looked at were the screws.. they were all gently loose, and palm sticker was pushed in by star driver.

being I cant connect to the internet by any means so I can download correct current apps and what not, I cant really move forward.

I definitely got making meta-doctors down like a charm! lol

I'm totally open to suggestions and ideas

Going from pre to pre plus, I bought a pre and pre plus online that way I could save my currently activated pre as a back up in case its needed.
    When I go into the upper right corner menu at the home page of the pre plus, it has the wifi and bt toggles... well when I tap wifi, it drops menu down, then tap turn wifi on... the circle starts up right there and just continues, same with the bt toggle. Now if you go into the preferences, tap the off toggle to turn on wifi.. the toggle goes to on.. and circle again.. but no wifi signal comes on at the top of the screen, and if you tap the toggle again, it will not.... turn that toggle to the off positon... how weird is that?...

I've broken my wifi 3g and bt before.. but not like this.. at least I could still toggle on and off.. and have the appropriate signage come up on the screen. There fore figured I could fix this one in the same way. Clearly I was wrong... lol
    Last edited by rcflyer40t; 08/27/2010 at 07:27 PM.
    When I said everything was restored, I really did mean everything, all my apps... my texts(not jumbled up), calender events, contacts(also not jumbled up). Everything went over just fine. oh and emails tooo!!!...

Im hoping that everyone else who has been having an issue with the back up stuff has it all sorted. I'm thankful mine worked out properly... was it maybe the steps in which I did it?... hmmm
  18.    #138  
    Right from the guide:
    The tokens on your Sprint Pre are located at /tmp/tokens on your device. The values we want to extract are ProdSN, ModemSN, BATToRSP, BATToCH, DMSVRoNONCE, DMSVRoAUTHPW, DMCLoNONCE, DMCLoAUTHPW, DMCLoAUTHNAME, DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, WIFIoADDR, BToADDR, PalmSN, PRODoID, PN. Each token is represented by a file with that exact name, and the value is contained in the file. I simply opened each file in Internalz and wrote the values down in a text file on my laptop.
    You have now "extracted your tokens".

Note the emphasis below:
    2. Unpack and Patch meta-doctor. Since we are going to import our Sprint tokens into meta-doctor, we need to build meta-doctor in a stepwise process, and insert the tokens at the proper time. Do NOT simply run 'make DEVICE=pre all-sprint'. This will NOT work. From the command line, and within the meta-doctor folder, run 'make unpack'
    Just make sure you are in the meta-doctor folder from the command line, as stated above. That should do it.
    Wonder how it'll work for me being i'm using version 1.4.1.1, and in order to meta-doc that, I have to use the command "make VERSION=1.4.1.1' but when I do that, it unpacks, patches, and packs it up again before giving me the time to change the castle file with my current tokens. Being once it finishes all those three, it has already created the castle file before I could even implement the tokens. I'll prop figure it out again one of the these nights sitting at the desk at 3am... lol

I've tried running, "make patch" after the meta-doc was already packed up, hoping it would noticed the modified castle file and update it accordingly. But didn't, just said nothing to patch. closed..... lovely huh? lol
    dballew likes this.
    I just answered my own question Rod.... LOL!!!

Chris
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast